Pokémon Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Martz - Route 1 Begins

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Martz - Route 1 Begins Empty Martz - Route 1 Begins

Post by Martz Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:21 pm

Martz thanked the professor for his starter and after talking for a bit, said his goodbyes and made his way to downtown pallet. Again, he got lost finding his way out and asked a few people once more until he finally made it to the outskirts of town. Before leaving town completely though, he figured he would check out his Charmander first. Unlike most trainers, he kept his Poke'balls on the straps of his backpack. He grabbed the small white and red ball and pressed the button in the middle to bring it to it's normal size.

He rolled the ball out of his hand and to the ground and said "Alright Charmander, come on out!"

After a bright flash of light, a little red reptilian creature standing a little taller than a foot was there and looked at Martz puzzled, "Char?". Charmander scanned him up and down not too sure what to think of his trainer as of yet.

Martz pulled out his PokéDex to scan it into his PokéDex. Charmander, The Lizard Pokémon. It has a preference for hot things. When it rains, steam is said to spout from the tip of its tail. Well that's kind of obvious Martz thought to himself, he is a fire Pokémon after all. His family's Cyndaquil was the same way.

"Well Charmander, I'm not much for nicknames but I think I'm just going to call you 'Charm'. It's short and sweet and sounds short for Charmander. Does that work for you?"

Charmander again looked up at Martz very modest but finally agreed with a loud "Charmander! Char! Char!".

"Alright then, lets get going! I'll keep you out of your PokéBall for now. Lets go find someone or something to battle to test out your skills."

Charmander wasn't quite sure of what her skills were, but she agreed anyway with a load "Charm!" and followed Martz down the beginning of Route 1.
Martz
Martz

Back to top Go down

Martz - Route 1 Begins Empty Re: Martz - Route 1 Begins

Post by DaveTheFishGuy Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:55 pm

Charm seemed happy to be out of her PokéBall, and the two set off on their adventure, Martz striding on while his Starter ambled behind, matching pace. There was a lot to see, with a few Rattata playing in a grassy area near to the path. However, upon seeing the trainer, the group bolted back into the woods. Just as well, as an Ekans lunged from the undergrowth mere seconds later. The serpent hissed in frustration, turning around to eye Martz, looking reproachful for a failed hunting attempt with lidless eyes, before slithering away.

Martz shrugged, before turning back to the path, only to see it blocked. Another trainer was standing there, looking at the pair. Receiving a confused look from both Charm and her new trainer, the large young man introduces himself.

"Oh, hey there. I was wondering if you were a beginning trainer too? I just got my first Pokémon from Professor Oak, and figured that I should battle the first Pokémon I came across. That Charmander looks strong, so I'd love to battle it!" And in a flash, the kid releases his starter, a Machop, who stretches to warm up, grinning at the two facing him.

Seems that Martz and Charm can't walk a few feet without tripping over a battle, but what will the trainer do now?
DaveTheFishGuy
DaveTheFishGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by Martz Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:50 pm

"Well hey there yourself." Martz said suprised. "I suppose, we could battle. Let me check out your Machop first."

Martz pulled out his PokéDex and pointed it towards the Machop and it began reading aloud 'Machop, the Superpower Pokémon. Machop have muscles that never tire no matter how much they excercise. Machop have enough strength to throw 100 average sized adults.'.

Martz thought to himself, then stooped down to his charmander. "Are you ready for a battle with a superpower Pokémon?" Charmander looked over at the Machop then looked back. "Char?" It replied. "Well, I guess that's better than nothing." Martz said.

"Alright, we accept your challenge." Martz said standing back up. "You order first though since you issued the challenge."
Martz
Martz

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveTheFishGuy Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:06 pm

The kid pumped his fist into the air. "All right! We got a battle at last! Let's do this Machop!" The Fighting-type, stepped forward at this, before his trainer remembered something. "Oh yeah, my name's Shane, by the way."

Sheepishly introducing himself, the boy started gearing up for battle, and almost seemed to mimic the confidant pose assumed by his Starter. "Let's take 'em down! Leer to start things off, then go in for a Low Kick!"

Hearing his opponent order, Martz had a short amount of time to react, as Machop got into position. What will he do now?
DaveTheFishGuy
DaveTheFishGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by Martz Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:25 pm

"Well Shane, it's a little too late for that. Your nickname is Sparky in my eyes."

Martz listened to the orders of 'Sparky' and looked at his Charmander, "Alright Charm, close your eyes for the Leer. When it comes in for the Low Kick use Growl then use Scratch!
Martz
Martz

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveTheFishGuy Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:18 pm

"Wh-what? Sparky? What's that supposed to mean?" Shane spluttered, before focusing on the battle at hand.

Machop starts with a Leer, but Charm isn't having any of it, closing her eyes to entirely negate the attack. The Fighting-type gets a bit irked by this, running, but a Growl from the lizard makes him think twice. However, he's soon spurred back into action as Charm's claws Scratch across his torso, and unimpressed, he swipes his feet at her ankles in a Low Kick, sweeping her legs out from under her and landing her on her backside.

Charm took a bit more damage there, though used less energy in exchange. Both seem fighting-fit and raring to go, however.

Irked at his 'nickname', Shane waits to see what Martz will order next.
DaveTheFishGuy
DaveTheFishGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by Martz Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:27 pm

Martz, mixing it up a little, decides to call some decent moves out of his playbook of attacks.

"Charm, Scratch to Scratch! Growl if he decides to Leer at any time!"
Martz
Martz

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveTheFishGuy Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:55 pm

"Oh yeah? Well meet those attacks with a Tackle, then a Low Kick, Machop!" Shane orders in response.

Charm manages to get up and Scratch at her opponent, receiving a bodily Tackle in response, knocking her arm back so Machop only takes a light hit. Not to be denied, she again Scratches at the Superpower Pokémon, only to be tripped up by another Low Kick for her pains.

Charm came off worse again that round, widening the health gap a bit, Again, though, she used less energy, with Machop's breath starting to become a bit uneven.

"Great job! Tacle her again, then Leer her down!" calls Shane, attempting to press his advantage.
DaveTheFishGuy
DaveTheFishGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by Martz Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:58 am

(OOC: Mind if i just call the orders? I know were supposed to have 4 sentences but this seems kind of silly in the middle of a battle.)

"Charm! Don't lose focus! Tail Whip to trip that Machop in stride. Then while it's down use Bite!
Martz
Martz

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveTheFishGuy Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:53 am

{OOC: It's alright, but just try to pad them out a bit. Reactions to the round, etc}

Machop lunged in for a Tackle, managing to smack Charm as she turned her back, Whipping her Tail across his legs. This time, it is the Fighting-type who ends up on his backside, but he's undeterred, giving an arrogant Leer to the Fire-type. However, the little lizard doesn't notice, as she Bites down on Machop's arm, causing him to cry out in pain.

Machop took more damage there, evening up the health gap, while energy use was about even, both are panting slightly.

Shane seemed to wince as his Pokémon was attacked, but waited, watching for what Martz would order.
DaveTheFishGuy
DaveTheFishGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by Martz Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:11 pm

Martz looked excited finally somewhat winning a round. He rubbed his chin trying to think of what he could use next then looked at Shane then looked at charm.

"Charm, Bite his leg but keep latched on!"

'This should work.' Martz thought to himself. 'This should work'

Martz
Martz

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveTheFishGuy Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:57 pm

"Oh yeah? Hit her in the mouth with a Low Kick! Then Tackle into her!" Shane called.

Charm lunges down to Bite her opponent. She does so, but then the limb jerks into life. While it's not particularly Low, it's still a Kick, dealing a good amount of damage thanks to the Charmander being latched on. She manages to keep a grip though, as Machop Tackles her harshly, almost pinning her to the ground as he does so.

More high damage to Charm there, now a good way below her opponent, though she used a lot less energy, her breathing more even while Machop's is a bit ragged.

"Alright! Now another pair of Tackles! Great job!" Shane calls, sensing he has the edge.
DaveTheFishGuy
DaveTheFishGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by Martz Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:03 am

Martz, knowing that this battle could be lost soon, tries to think clearly and not panic. He has to come up with a better strategy.

"Charm! Growl when he comes in for the Tackle! Then use Tail Whip to trip him on on the next tackle! Lastly, use your own Tackle!" Martz said, still not sure if this would work.
Martz
Martz

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveTheFishGuy Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:17 am

Getting up, Machup rushes forward for a Tackle, but finds himself put off a bit by a Growl from Charm, the damage lessened somewhat as they collide together. Getting a bit more space, the Fighting-type rushes in for another Tackle, but finds his feet swept out from under him by Charm's Tail Whip, landing on his backside as he takes a good hit. This also leaves him prone to the lizard's own Tackle, dealing more damage.

A strange reversal this round, Charm managing to close the health gap, but she used a lot of energy in the process, panting a bit more than her foe, both looking quite tired.

Shane gritted his teeth at his Pokémon getting tripped, but waits to see what Martz will order next.
DaveTheFishGuy
DaveTheFishGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by Martz Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:47 pm

Martz, fired up, calls another set of orders smirking at his opponent with things actually going his way.

"Charm, Give him a good Bite. If he comes in for Tackle, use Tail Whip. Otherwise Growl!"

Hopefully this would set a new tone for the match.
Martz
Martz

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveTheFishGuy Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:45 pm

"Grah, c'mon Machop! Leer her down, then Low Kick!"

The Fighting-type Leers at his opponent, but Charm doesn't even notice as she Bites down on his arm. Yelling in pain, Machop pulls back, before running in for a Low Kick, only to find himself tripped by the Charmander's Tail Whip, the Fire-type having mistaking her foe's move for a Tackle. Machop takes even more damage as he falls on his face.

Machop is now looking seriously beaten up, having taking good damage while Charm escaped. He also used more energy than his foe.

Shane looks concerned, fearing that his Pokémon might be out for the count soon, but decides to press on anyway. "Alright, we can do this! Tackle into Low Kick, Machop!"
DaveTheFishGuy
DaveTheFishGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by Martz Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:52 pm

Martz was excited. He was jumping and yelling like maniac when another round went his way. He went back to keeping is composure and not over estimating that he was going to win.

"Charm, Good Job! Tail Whip the incoming Tackle! Then use Bite!

He looked on to see what was going to happen next.
Martz
Martz

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveTheFishGuy Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:24 am

Lunging forward again, Machop goes for another Tackle, but finds this to be his undoing, as a Tail Whip from Charm trips him up once more. Sprawled on his back, the Fighting-type yells in pain as the Charmander Bites him on the ankle, before going limp, his eyes swirly, as he is clearly unable to battle any further.

Level-up for Charm!

"Aw, shucks!" Shane cries, rushing over to check on his Pokémon. "Poor guy, don't worry, have a nice rest now. Thanks for battling." he says, recalling his Starter. Picking himself up, he points dramatically at Martz...

Before grinning. "Haha! That was a great battle! I really thought I had you, but you managed to turn it around. Good job!" At this, he hands Martz 300 PokéDollars, along with an odd-looking fruit.

"That's a Sitrus Berry. I was gonna give it to Machop after we won, but he needs a Pokémon Centre now. Your Charmander looks like she could use it more, so give it to her, she's deserved it. She's really strong, take care of her."

Following that, Shane turns toward Viridian City. "Anyways, next time we battle I won't let you have it so easy! And you'd better believe we will, consider us rivals from now on! See ya!" and with that, the peppy young man turns a bend, disappearing toward the next town.

With his first battle won, and Charm looking a bit tired, if pleased, what will Martz do now?
DaveTheFishGuy
DaveTheFishGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by Martz Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:00 pm

Martz, surprised he even won that match, accepts the berry and PokéDollars and shakes "sparky"'s hand.

"I don't expect you to take it easy on me." He said smirking and watched Shane walk away towards Virdian City.

He looked down at his tired Charmander. "That was a good match girl."

Charm looked up at Martz smiling and panting at the same time.

"Here take this berry." Martz said handing it to charm who first tilted her head sideways wondering what it was then sniffed and ate it. "Char!!" She yelled feeling her energy regained.

"You ready to look for our first wild Pokémon?" Martz said looking at Charm.

Charm looked up and shook her head yes with a serious look, ready to battle again with more confidence than before in her trainer and herself...

(OOC: that's not god modding is it? That is what a citrus berry does lol.)

Martz
Martz

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveTheFishGuy Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:34 pm

{OOC: No, it's not godmodding, don't worry. That's when you try controlling characters or Pokémon that aren't yours}

Happy with their first win, and with Charm's vitality restored, the two continue on down Route 1. As they round the same bend, they see that Shane has disappeared, likely rushing to the next Pokémon Centre to heal his Machop. In the distance, they can see Viridian City, though it's still a long ways off. They'd better get going!

As the two walk toward their destination, they see a fair few Pokémon around. Butterfree sip at nectar from flowers, before taking flight at the sight of the trainer. Small bird Pokémon flit amid the branches of trees, though not close enough to the Route for Martz to battle them.

After a while, the City seems a lot closer, though the path ahead looks somewhat busy. A few wild Pokémon seem to be picking at some food that's been left out, taking advantage of someone's carelessness. At the approach of the trainer, the group scatters, except for one, a Rattata. As the two get closer, he turns from stuffing his face, caught somewhat unawares. Too late to run, he bares his incisors standing ready to fight.

Looks like Martz and Charm found that Pokémon they were after. But what will they do now?
DaveTheFishGuy
DaveTheFishGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by Martz Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:32 pm

(OOC: What are the grounds of staying on a route. Can I stay as long as I want or do you tell me when I have to get off?)

"Look Charm, a Rattata!" Martz said looking at the little rat Pokémon. He pulled out his PokéDex to get some info on it. "A Forest Pokémon, Rattata. It likes cheese, nuts, fruits, and berries. It also comes out into open fields to steal food from stupid travelers. "

Seems to be a pretty common Pokémon by the looks of the area Martz thought to himself. He could not be picky at a time like this though, he only had one Pokémon. Upon further review of his PokéDex and what moves Rattata could actually learn, he decided to give it a chance and see if he could catch it.

"Charm, looks like we have another battle ahead of us here."

Charm looked up at Martz with some confidence this time that he would call the right orders.

"Charm, use Growl then go in for a Tackle!"
Martz
Martz

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveTheFishGuy Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:11 am

Stepping forward to battle the Rattata, Charm opens with a Growl. This intimidates the rodent slightly, causing him to hesitate in his attack. However, he's snapped out of it as the Fire-type Tackles him, knocking him backward. Looking annoyed, the little purple critter almost seems to vanish, blurring through the air, before slamming into Charm with a Quick Attack. Knocked back slightly, Martz' Pokémon then finds herself Whipped by Rattata's Tail, dealing a fair hit as the two square off again.

Charm took a bit more damage there, but Rattata used a lot more energy. However, both are looking good and ready to go.

Rattata starts to lunge in again, this time for a conventional Tackle attack. What will Martz order in response?
DaveTheFishGuy
DaveTheFishGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by Martz Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:29 am

Martz was actually quite impressed with the attacks that this Rattata has used. Something with that speed would be good on his team. Why he second guessed it was beyond him.

"Charm, your bigger, use your own Tackle against it! Then use Bite!"
Martz
Martz

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveTheFishGuy Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:26 pm

As Rattata charges in, Charm decides to go head-on, meeting the rodent with her own Tackle. Due to her size, she manages to knock the Normal-type back a fair way, also dealing more damage to the little purple critter. Recovering, Rattata goes for a Tail Whip, spinning round to strike his foe, but Charm Bites down on him, causing the wild Pokémon to shriek in pain as her teeth dig into his tail.

Damage was all on Rattata that round, and he used a bit more energy. He's below Charm in both regards.

Nursing his tail, Rattata waits to see what Martz and Charm will do next?
DaveTheFishGuy
DaveTheFishGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by Martz Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:21 pm

Martz, seeing that this might be a short battle, pulls one of his empty PokéBall's off of his backpack strap and then calls his orders.

"Charm! Go in for another Tackle! The try to bite it's tail again!"
Martz
Martz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next