Pokémon Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Isnt The Beginning, Just The First Step

2 posters

Go down

This Isnt The Beginning, Just The First Step Empty This Isnt The Beginning, Just The First Step

Post by Naruto Ninja44 Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:53 pm

Nikky was jumping as she proceeded along Route 1. Just leaving Pallet Town, she couldn't wait to start her journey. But then again, she already did. Though she hardly constituted bounding out of Oak's Laboratory and then tripping and falling down a large flight of steps anything journey worthy. But she did count her new girl Nidoran!

...Speaking of her Nidoran. She might as well let her out and get to know her.

Nikky unclipped the PokéBall from her belt and examined it, tossing it between her hands. She never had really handled a PokéBall before (her friends thought she'd break it if they'd give her one) so she tossed it in the air a bit unsure and called out, "Um...come out, come out, wherever you are?"

It worked for the Nidoran had burst out in a flash of light from the ball. It shook it's head and blinked, adjusting it's eyes to the light and new surroundings. It then looked up at it's trainer who was shaking with excitement at her (which was sincerely freaking the poor Nidoran out).

Nikky opened her mouth to speak but then remembered her PokéDex. She fumbled with it as she brought it out and pointed it at her first Pokémon quite enthusiastically. The device then rang out in a female electronic voice, "Nidoran, the Poison Pin Pokémon. Though it has a smaller horn than it's male counterpart, it still can secrete dangerous poisons and cause much harm to their opponents."

"What. That's it?" Nikky asked, tilting her head to look at her PokéDex. She then saw a list of statistics. Among them, she saw her Nidoran had the ability Poison Point, knew the attacks Growl and Scratch, and her nature was Quiet.

Nikky smiled, "Well, this certainly isnt bad. I guess I gotta name you, huh?" She asked, her Nidoran only getting half a nod in before Nikky continued, "I need to name you something awesome...but not so awesome it takes away from yourself..."

Nikky stood there, thinking hard of a name as she searched her brain. She always had a somewhat knack for naming. She then snapped her fingers in revelation, "I know! Taryn! I'll name you Taryn and you shall be a beast!" Nikky looked down at her Nidoran for approval.

The Nidoran paused for a second, then nodded and chirped in approval. The first noise she had given the whole time while outside of her PokéBall.

Nikky cheered at that and then continued her travel down Route 1, with Taryn.
Naruto Ninja44
Naruto Ninja44

Back to top Go down

This Isnt The Beginning, Just The First Step Empty Re: This Isnt The Beginning, Just The First Step

Post by DaveTheFishGuy Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:03 pm

It was all go as Nikky walked down the route, her new partner trotting alongside. Both were looking around at the various sights, watching Spearow and Pidgey flit through the branches of nearby trees, hunting for bugs. As they neared a tree, the new Trainer spotted movment as a Kakuna Hardened in defense, before having to take a step back as the chrysalis was scooped away by an irritated attending Beedrill.

It was Taryn who spotted the stranger, letting out another quiet chirp near Nikky's ankles. The blonde whipped round, only to spot a kid about her own age sitting on a rock a few metres away. Having been seen, he got up, looking about the same age as Nikky, eyes flitting from the new Trainer to her Pokémon, before finally speaking up.

"H-hey there. Did you just get that Nidoran from Professor Oak? She looks strong, and I need strong opponents to build up my own Pokémon's strength, as I just got him too. I'm just starting my adventure. My names Dan, and how about we have a battle?" It seems that he's not content to wait for an answer, and with a flash, there is a Pikachu at the boy's feet. Looking around, the Electric-type focuses on the pair in front of him, before grinning, cheeks sparking as he builds up electricity.

Well, looks like it's time to put Taryn's battling skills to the test. What will Nikky do now?
DaveTheFishGuy
DaveTheFishGuy

Back to top Go down

This Isnt The Beginning, Just The First Step Empty Re: This Isnt The Beginning, Just The First Step

Post by Naruto Ninja44 Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:30 pm

Nikky couldn't help but smiled as she was approached but this kid, Dan. He seemed kinda shy. But not so shy that he would've just sat on the rock and stare at her like a creep. That would've been bad and kinda weird with a hint of awkward.

As it turned out, Dan wanted to battle, for he was just as much a new trainer as she. And he had a Pikachu. Which totally distracted Nikky because Pikachu's were her second favorite Pokémon (of course Delibird was her favorite. Anyone could tell you that. And if you didnt notice, you obviously lacked skills that only people who could notice would notice.), and because she loved Pikachu's so much, she couldn't move forward in life until she had picked up that Pikachu and go on about how cute it was. Embarrassingly, of course.

"Aren't you so adorable!?" Nikky cooed, hugging the Pikachu's breath (and probably soul) out of it. "You just are so cute! And adorable! And I love your ears!" The blonde went on and on, petting and pulling and moving the electric-type around.

Taryn, who was unfortunately embarrassed from her trainer already, had too nudge Nikky to bring her back to the planet. Nikky blinked then sheepishly put down the Pikachu where she had found him, "Sorry about that..." She apologized quickly to the boy and stood there awkwardly for a second.

"So..." She continued, "A battle right? I guess we can do that. Is that okay, Taryn?" She glanced down at her Nidoran eagerly. Taryn paused, considering her options, then nodded up to Nikky; she seemed to have turned her humiliation into determination of some sort. Which was a good sign to Nikky.

Nikky smiled at this approval and gave two thumbs up to Dan. She then loudly announced, "We accept your invitation to battle our pogeymans, Dan-o!"
Naruto Ninja44
Naruto Ninja44

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveTheFishGuy Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:41 pm

Dan sweatdropped from his would-be opponent's reaction to his Pikachu. The Electric-type shook himself off as he was freed from the crazed Nikky's embrace, it had taken all his willpower not to shock her instantly. However, the pair forgot all about this, as Taryn stepped up, and her trainer accepted Dan's challenge.

"Awesome stuff! Alright Pikachu, let's show them why you're the best starter to pick! Growl at her, before firing a Thundershock!"

Nikky heard her opponent order, but what will she command in reply?
DaveTheFishGuy
DaveTheFishGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by Naruto Ninja44 Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:00 pm

Seeing her opponent had started to attack, Nikky smirked and called out, "Alright, Taryn, since he's using Growl, Growl back! Then try a Scratch attack!"

She then fumbled to take her PokéDex out and scanned the Pikachu, to add some info to her device. It's vice rang out, "Pikachu, the mouse Pokémon. The electric pouches in it's cheeks hold all of it's energy supply."
Naruto Ninja44
Naruto Ninja44

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveTheFishGuy Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:14 pm

Pikachu Growled at his new opponent. Taryn seemed to be a bit intimidated, but responded in kind, another Growl filling the air. Pikachu seemed a bit more affected, Psychological Warfare is always useful in Pokémon Battles. The Electric-type then launched off a Thundershock, the attack zapping Nikky's Pokémon slightly, but nowhere enough to cause her pain, as Taryn lunged forward to Scratch at Pikachu's side, causing a squeak as he gets knocked back, though the two stay level.

Thanks to intimidation, Taryn took a bit less damage, but otherwise the two are even, and raring to go!

Dan decided to wait, watching what Nikky would do next.
DaveTheFishGuy
DaveTheFishGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by Naruto Ninja44 Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:21 pm

Nikky smiled as she pocketed her PokéDex. She was happy to see Taryn wasn't affected as much as Dan's Pikachu was. (Though she was a bit sorry that she had to hurt the poor thing.)

Nikky cleared her throat and ordered, "Go in for another Scratch, Taryn! Then use Growl again!"
Naruto Ninja44
Naruto Ninja44

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveTheFishGuy Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:29 pm

"Meet her Scratch with a Tail Whip, Pikachu! Then Growl right back!"

Taryn gets in a Scratch on Pikachu's side, but soon finds herself Whipped with the rodent's Tail, dealing some damage right back. Unpeturbed, Taryn Growls at her foe, but Pikachu does the same, the chorus pretty much cancelling each other out.

Damage and energy were about the same there, though Taryn's a tiny bit in the lead.

Dan seemed to be thinking up a strategy. "Right then, let's go all-out offense, Pikachu! Double Thundershock!"
DaveTheFishGuy
DaveTheFishGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by Naruto Ninja44 Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:32 pm

Nikky's eyebrows arched from this sudden change. She wouldnt have guessed Dan had enough in him to try to win. She smirked at the new development.

"Try to Dodge it, Taryn! Then go in for double Scratch!"
Naruto Ninja44
Naruto Ninja44

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveTheFishGuy Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:39 pm

Pikachu's cheeks spark as he launches another Thundershock toward his foe, but Taryn manages to nimbly dodge out of the way of the small bolt. Somewhat irked by the Nidoran's surefootedness, the Electric-type sparks off another Thundershock, this one striking Taryn, but the Nidoran is resolute enough to run through, Scratching Pikachu twice.This leaves him reeling, though Taryn is starting to pant a bit.

Pikachu took more damage by far that round, but looks slightly less tired than Taryn, who used a lot more energy.

Once more, Dan seemed to ponder, waiting for Nikky to make her next orders.
DaveTheFishGuy
DaveTheFishGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by Naruto Ninja44 Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:02 pm

Nikky smiled, happy with how the battle was turning out. But she needed some sort of strategy, going strategy-less might work now, but in the future, it could spell trouble.

But she did like her little Growl and Scratch combination...Maybe she could try to reform it...

"Taryn, use Growl to try to stop it temporarily, then try to Bite!" Nikky commanded, hoping it would work.
Naruto Ninja44
Naruto Ninja44

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveTheFishGuy Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:01 pm

"Let's see her Growl through a Thundershock, Pikachu! Then give her a Tail Whip when she comes in close!"

Taryn lets off a Growl, and Pikachu seems to hesitate a bit, the Thundershock that zaps Nikky's Pokémon is weakened a bit. The Nidoran then goes for unconventinal tactics, lunging in for a Bite, chomping on the Electric-type's arm, causing him to wince. Pikachu responds with a Tail Whip, the appendage smacking Taryn's face, but it seems that Pikachu took a bit of damage too, and he's shudders.

Suddenly, Dan slaps his hand to his forehead. "Oh no! I forgot about Nidoran's Poison Point ability!" A closer look reveals that a small wound has appeared on Pikachu's tail, the small barbs in Taryn's skin having done their work. This should help a lot.

Taryn took some good damage, but Pikachu is looking ragged, and with poison flowing through his veins, it's now only a matter of time. Both are panting a bit from energy use.

"Grah, no time to play around! Let's bring them down before that Poison saps you, double Thundershock!" calls Dan.
DaveTheFishGuy
DaveTheFishGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by Naruto Ninja44 Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:46 pm

Nikky jumped up and down, seeing Taryn had poisoned the Pikachu. "Awesome job, Taryn!" She congratulated her Nidoran, though she did look a bit tired.

Seeing as Dan was taking this seriously now, though, Nikky decided it was time to be a bit more serious as well. "Dodge it, Taryn!" Nikky ordered. She then paused and thought to herself briefly before ordering again, "And try another Scratch! Maybe we can take him down this time!"
Naruto Ninja44
Naruto Ninja44

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveTheFishGuy Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:40 pm

Pikachu grits his teeth as the poison works into his body, a Thundershock zapping toward Taryn, but she easily sidesteps the attack. The Nidoran will not be denied, and Scratches at the rodent, who loosens another Thundershock in reply. Afterward, the two look at each other, Taryn a bit healthier, but breathing more heavily. It seems like this could go on...

But then Pikachu's body flashes purple as the poison damages him. Finding this new assault too much to bear, the rodent slumps foward, landing on the ground with swirls in his eyes, unable to go on.

Level Up for Taryn!

"Noooo! Pikachu!" Dan cries, running up to the felled Pokémon. Scooping him up in his arms, the boy turns him over, before smiling. "Ah well, we just got out-played."

Dan then walks over to Nikky. "That was a great battle, thanks a bunch for it. Pikachu and I will train as much as possible to get stronger." Smiling, he hands over 300 PokéDollars to the winner, as well as a strange item.

"That's a Sitrus Berry. I was told that it can heal Pokémon really well, but Pikachu won't need it. I think Taryn could benefit more." the boy then walks away, before turning back. "Oh yeah, don't think you've seen the last of me... rival."

With a grin, the boy disappears toward Viridian City, leaving Nikky and a panting Taryn on Route 1, looking after him.

Looks like Nikky's off to a good start! What will she do now, though?
DaveTheFishGuy
DaveTheFishGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by Naruto Ninja44 Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:16 pm

Nikky jumped in happiness, seeing that Taryn had come out to be the victor. "That was awesome! Taryn, you're amazing!"

Taryn smiled as she skipped back to her trainer, happy with a job well done. Dan seemed to have followed, congratulating her and giving her money and a Sitrus Berry.

Nikky frowned as she quickly counted her money and calculated it in her head. It was barely enough for a PokéBall or a Potion. Was everyone this cheap?

She then perked at the term 'rival' and before she could respond, Dan was already gone. She beamed at Taryn, "Did you hear that? I have a rival! Though when I always thought of a rival, I always imagined a girl. And if a dude crossed my mind, he was usually really cute and I'd think I would have a crush on him. Eh. Dan's not bad though. Nothing spectacular either..."

Taryn sighed as her trainer went off into her own world (where ever that was) and nudged Nikky to snap her out of her thoughts.

Nikky's head snapped around, "Yes, we should continue to Viridian City! I agree wholeheartedly, Taryn!" Nikky yelled obnoxiously, starting to march farther down Route 1. Taryn quietly followed after, slightly wondering what would happen next.
Naruto Ninja44
Naruto Ninja44

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveTheFishGuy Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:46 pm

Confident after winning her first battle, Nikky walked on, with her still battle-weary Nidoran following. By the time the blonde had crossed the next small hill, Dan was a distant speck on the horizon, just ahead of the mass of buildings that marked Viridian City. Both trainer and Pokémon seemed to sag as they realised they still had a good ways to walk. Better get going!

As they walked, they saw some more interesting sights, including a Pidgeot chasing a Fearow out of the trees, defending its territory. The retreating bird didn't even notice the two on the path as it sailed overhead, nursing its pride.

Before they knew it, the City seemed to be just ahead, but as Nikky passed by a clump of vegetation, something caught her ankle, tripping her over. Landing not-so gracefully on her face, the trainer groaned, hearing a muffled quacking, sounding like laughter. Rolling over, she just saw Taryn, in retalliation for her trainer being attacked, dart into the undergrowth. A few seconds later, there was a sqawk of alarm, and she jumped back out, pursuing a strange, duck-like Pokémon, which was holding some sort of implement in its wing.

Getting to her feet, Nikky followed, her Nidoran having cornered the Farfetch'd against a rock. The duck looked around uneasily, before branishing his leek, determined to stand and fight, paying the price for his prank.

Faced with her first Wild Pokémon, what will Nikky do now?

{OOC: I'll let you use the Sitrus Berry before the battle, but only this once, mind you ;] }
DaveTheFishGuy
DaveTheFishGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by Naruto Ninja44 Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:30 pm

(OOC: Thank you, Dave!)

Nikky was happy to finally seem to be reaching Viridian City. She loved to travel, but her legs were getting a bit bored from the constant walking. She thought to herself about jogging there, but that would require Taryn to go in her pokebal-

"Whoa!" The blonde said, having fallen on the ground. She had tripped over something from the bushes, which she could hear obnoxious quacking from. It sounded like laughter.

Taryn obviously took action, as her trainer had been messed with (and embarrassingly so). Nikky quickly gathered herself and hurdled over the bushes with pure curiosity. She landed with a loud stomp to see that Taryn had cornered a Farfetch'd, who was ready to fight.

Nikky squealed in delight. She used to play with a Farfetch'd as a kid. Then it died. But not from her playing with it; some underage-trainers had accidentally killed it while trying to capture it. She then realizedd how morbid her mind was going and pushed the flashback out of her thoughts. She focused on the bird Pokémon, he was interesting, to say the least. Nikky retrieved her PokéDex from her pocket, wondering about the little guy...

"Farfetch'd, the Wild Duck Pokémon. The leek it carries is used most commonly for a weapon. They also cannot seem to live without it, for unknown reasons."

"It seems useful!" Nikky concluded brightly, fishing in her backpack momentarily then threw the Sitrus Berry to Taryn. "Catch! We're gonna try to get this little dude, Taryn! He seems like fun!"

Though Taryn hardly called being tripped by a leek in the middle of a road fun, she did catch the Sitrus Berry and eat it. She felt much better than from the battle before and readied herself for battle.

"Use Growl to weaken it, Taryn! Then Scratch!" Nikky called.
Naruto Ninja44
Naruto Ninja44

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveTheFishGuy Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:40 pm

As Nikky and Taryn gear up for battle, they make use of Dan's Sitrus Berry, helping the Nidoran restore her health and energy reserves for the oncoming fight. The Farfetch'd branishes his leek dangerously, determined to fight his corner to the bitter end.

Though he flinches a bit from the Growl his new opponent lets out. He won't let her have it all her own way though, and kicks up a Sand Attack in response. Dirt and sand shower Taryn, some getting in her eyes, causing her to be temporarily blinded. Grinning, the Flying-type decides to use his opponent's type against her, and the end of his stick glows purple, almost like Poison, which he Jabs at the Nidoran. The fact that Taryn resists the attack helps, and she manages to get in a Scratch, before focusing on clearing her eyes.

Farfetch'd took a bit more damge there, but also used more energy, Taryn looking better on both counts. Both Pokémon are raring to go, however.

Farfetch'd's beak seems to glow, and he begins to lunge forward, possibly intending to Peck at Taryn. What will Nikky order her Pokémon to do in response?
DaveTheFishGuy
DaveTheFishGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by Naruto Ninja44 Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:52 pm

Nikky smiled at the Farfetch'd's moveset. It wasnt that bad at all. It was pretty awesome, actually!

The blonde then turned serious, seeing an attack heading straight for her Pokémon. She had to think quickly to save Taryn and get that farfetch'd as well.

"Dodge him, Taryn! Then Bite if he's close enough!" Nikky ordered quickly.
Naruto Ninja44
Naruto Ninja44

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveTheFishGuy Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:17 pm

As the Farfetch'd lunges closer, Taryn manages to nimbly dodge the Peck, the duck's beak hitting the ground instread. Rubbing his mouth, Farfetch'd then takes a Bite on the wing from the Nidoran, causing him to squawk in pain. This causes him to get really angry-looking, and Taryn almost backs off as the leek glows, this time a darker green of Bug energy, and Farfetch'd vents with a Fury Cutter attack, light hits slashing at the Nidoran's body, though again her resistance helps out.

Farfetch'd again took the brunt of the attacks that round, but the energy use was about even, both Pokémon panting a bit, though Taryn less so than her opponent.

The duck then watches cautiously, wondering what Nikky and Taryn will use next.
DaveTheFishGuy
DaveTheFishGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by Naruto Ninja44 Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:29 pm

After that last round, Nikky had bitten her lip in thought. She was rolling a minimized PokéBall between her fingers, wondering when she should use it or not.

She remembered back in school (which wasnt required after you turned 14 in Lilycove) that she took a course with her friends on Pokémon training in general when they were all eleven. They taught her everything from training to battling to capturing to surviving.

She really didnt remember much from the capturing section (alot of parties were on the days that they learned the subject) and it wasnt really a surprise now-a-days why she had failed the capturing portion of the exams in that class.

Nikky decided that she'll use it if Taryn lands another hit. The Farfetch'd seemed pretty weakened by now.

"Use a Double Scratch, Taryn!"
Naruto Ninja44
Naruto Ninja44

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveTheFishGuy Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:59 am

As the trainer readies herself for an attempted capture, Farfetch'd quacks in pain as Taryn's claws Scratch at his body, stumbling backward. The Nidoran then cowers, under a Leer from the Flying-type, which Farfetch'd capitalises on by Pecking the little rabbit hard. Shaking it off, Taryn lands another Scratch, dealing more damage to her opponent.

More damage for Farfetch'd, he's really not looking too hot now, badly beaten. Taryn's a lot better off, the two are panting fairly evenly now.

Not about to go down just yet, Farfetch'd's leek glows purple again, and he seems to be going for another Poison Jab. What will Nikky do now?
DaveTheFishGuy
DaveTheFishGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by Naruto Ninja44 Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:30 pm

Nikky enlarged the PokéBall, this seemed like a perfect moment to try to catch the bird Pokémon. She quickly thought of a strategy in her head and issued it.

"Dodge him to get farther away from him, Taryn! The use another Scratch!" Nikky ordered, the readied to throw her PokéBall after Taryn's Scratch. She was hoping that this was enough to capture the Farfetch'd (and that her aim didnt fail her today). Also, she didnt really want to hurt him anymore than it seemed to be needed.
Naruto Ninja44
Naruto Ninja44

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveTheFishGuy Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:43 pm

As the Farfetch'd thrust his stick forth for the Poison Jab, Taryn again sidesteps it, the attack meeting nought but air. Annoyed at this, the duck goes in for another Fury Cutter, his leek swiping furiously at the Nidoran, who braves the hits thanks to her resistance. Taryn then swipes with another Scratch, causing the Flyer to quack in pain once more, looking thoroughly beaten.

Farfetch'd then looks a bit confused as Taryn backs off, before he finds himself blindsided by a PokéBall that Nikky hurls his way. With one last quack, the duck is converted to red energy, and sucked into the device. Trainer and Pokémon stare anxiously as the ball wobbles...

Wobbles...

Wobbles...

DING!

Nikky has captured a Level 4 Male Farfetch'd! He knows the moves: Peck, Leer, Sand-attack, Fury Cutter and Poison Jab!

The two seemed excited, Nikky pumping the air with her fist, while Taryn almost seemd to do a dance, shaking her short tail about in excitment.

Level Up for Taryn!

Taryn has learned Tail Whip!

With both of them somewhat tired from their day of battling, Nikky picks up her new Farfetch'd's PokéBall, smiling happily. As she looks up, it's apparant time's gotten away from her - the sun's about to set! With Viridian City a lot closer now, the two of them walk on, their first route of Kanto done and dusted, for now.

[Advance to Viridian City]
DaveTheFishGuy
DaveTheFishGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down