Pokémon Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Inconspicious Beginning

2 posters

Go down

An Inconspicious Beginning  Empty An Inconspicious Beginning

Post by Lonely Cubone Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:56 pm

Luke looked up from his letter and surveyed the building before him, a trembling hand betraying his nerves. Not that you could blame him. He’d written to Professor Oak weeks beforehand, more in hope than expectation, talking of his desire to follow his islander friends in adventuring with Pokémon, and asking for advice. He re-read the Professor’s reply for the umpteenth time that day, fearing with every second that passed it might say something different, leaving his heart flickering as his eyes scanned the now-battered paper once more.

“Dear Luke,

Thanks for writing to me; I always look forwards to hearing from youngsters from around Kanto who wish to adventure. Having seen plenty of them come and go in my time, I can testify to the experience and I’m sure you would enjoy it a great deal. However, like any travelling, it’s a big commitment and you should sit down with your family and seriously consider whether or not it’s for you.

If you are convinced of your own will, then I would be more than happy to speak with you further in person and set you on your way. Sadly due to my advancing years I am rarely able to travel myself, but if you can come to Pallet Town then I would be happy to receive your company.

Prof. Oak”

For the first few days he’d not had the courage to open the letter addressed to him in that elegant scrawl. For the next few days, he’d not believed what it had said, before moving onto doubting its authenticity. With all doubt temporarily suppressed, however, LC looked back up at the building and it’s slightly weathered sign:

“OAK POKÉMON LABORATORY”

Well, this had to be the place. He’d never been to Pallet Town before, and to be honest, had expected something slightly more impressive in his mind. Still, years of living amongst a wide variety of flora and fauna had taught him not to judge at face value, and he slowly pushed the door open, unsure whether to knock despite the sign inviting visitors in, and spoke into the gap between door and frame...

“Mr...sorry, Professor Oak? Are you there?”
Lonely Cubone
Lonely Cubone

Back to top Go down

An Inconspicious Beginning  Empty Re: An Inconspicious Beginning

Post by Joshua Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:50 pm

Too nervous to walk straight into the lab, Luke calls through the slightly open door, hoping to get an answer. After a few moments, Luke's heart begins to race, before a voice calls back. "Yes, I'm here. Do come in."

Luke pushes open the door, to find a man in a white lab coat standing beside a table. "Ah, you must be Luke. Welcome to my Lab." He gestures around to the cluttered mess, before Luke's attention returns to the table Oak is standing beside, with PokéBalls resting on it.

"Ah yes," Oak says, noticing Luke's line of sight. "Straight down to business. Here on this table is a collection of 10 Pokémon you may choose one from to have as your very first Pokémon. Each of them is a very good choice, and they're all quite different." Stepping forward, Luke notices name cards under each of the 10 spheres. The choices are:

Charmander
Squirtle
Bulbasaur
Pikachu
Pidgey
Meowth
Machop
Abra
Geodude
Nidoran (Male or Female)

"Choose wisely," the Professor finishes. What will Luke do?
Joshua
Joshua

Back to top Go down

Post by Lonely Cubone Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:12 pm

“Er...” Luke stumbled over his words as his mind worked overtime.

What? A Pokémon? Me? Like that? Now? Any of them? There was no spoon?

Questions whizzed around his head, colliding and bouncing around like molecules of oil in a frying pan. He just didn’t seem to be able to tie down any one thought long enough to think about it properly. After a few seconds that had felt like eternity, he realised that his mouth was slightly open and he was probably not looking at his intelligent best. Certainly, the Professor was looking at him with a mixture of surprise and concern.

“Er...” he said again, with what he liked to think was more certainty.

“I can really have...any of them? To like, keep? Permanently?”

Oak nodded, with the faintest hint of exasperation.

“Oh awesome. It’s just, I dunno, I wasn’t expecting this. But thanks, really, thanks a lot. Would it be possible to have erm...” LC trailed off when he realised he hadn’t actually chosen what he wanted in his head. He’d never been much of one for choices, but back home the choices were generally whether you wanted to pick the red flower or the blue flower. This one was a bit more important.

Bulbasaur...Charmander...Squirtle...Pikachu...Pidgey...Meowth...Machop...Abra...Geodude...Nidoran.

He wanted them all. A flying Pokémon could be useful, but he knew Pidgey were common all over Kanto, and the same couldn’t be said for many of the others. A strong Pokémon to protect him was a good idea, so maybe Geodude or Machop? Still, his father had always said brains were better than brawn, and that seemed a good policy. He took a deep breath, and made that fateful first choice.

“I mean, could I have that Abra please?”

Luke awaited the decision, pleased with his choice, albeit with a nagging feeling on his mind he had forgotten reading something rather important about Abra somewhere...

OOC: This could be mildly amusing.

Edit: A Male one, seeing as we get to choose genders.
Lonely Cubone
Lonely Cubone

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshua Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:29 pm

To say the reaction on the Professor's face was one of surprise would be an understatement, his jaw dropping so far it almost looks like it would crash into the floor. "An Abra?" he repeats, as though to fully process Luke's choice.

"My apologies," he says after a few moments of awkward silence. "It's just, I can't actually remember the last time someone asked for an Abra." He reaches for the PokéBall, and hands it to Luke. "You certainly are a gutsy trainer to choose such a PokéBall for your starter."

Reaching into the various pockets of his lab coat, the Professor begins to pile an assortment of items into Luke's arms. The new trainer looks amongst them to discover he's been handed 2000 PokéDollars, 5 PokéBalls, 5 Oran Berries, a PokéDex and a Town Map.

"Best of luck on your journey, young trainer." The Professor turns away, as though to resume his work. When you are ready, post on Route 1. [Advance]
Joshua
Joshua

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down