Pokémon Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Route 29 - Yougirasu (the 'don't I need a better title' saga)

2 posters

Go down

Route 29 - Yougirasu (the 'don't I need a better title' saga) Empty Route 29 - Yougirasu (the 'don't I need a better title' saga)

Post by Yougirasu Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:04 pm

A new adventure, Yougi thought to himself as he was leaving the lab and proceeding down the nearest path out of town towards Cherrygrove city.

He'd stopped just that extra second longer to ask Professor Elm if he could just look up some of the info on the Togepi he'd just received. The computer he'd looked up the data on hadn't exactly been specific for the Togepi he had, looking down at the cute thing as it dozed in his arms and he gazed back towards the screen. Togepi's had two very different abilities and at its current level it couldn't actually use an attacking move. At least it should be able to hurl itself at the opponents, using it's shell as a buffer for a rustic tackle. He again though, but deeply hoped that he wouldn't get into to many battles and wouldn't find himself in over his head until Togepi could actually do something. It just wouldn't be right to let something so innocent get to badly hurt.

"It just wouldn't be right to let something so innocent get to badly hurt." Yougi mumbled as he strode off through the grassy area, Togepi safely away in her PokéBall to avoid any excess battling. He'd left the outskirts of the town a few minutes ago and was now looking at a very grassy future. The grass seemed to roll on as far as he could see, with most of the horizon formed by hills impeding his view of the nearby city, with trees sparsely placed to offer places of shade. He took a second to take it all in and make a note of where he'd head.

"It'd probably be better to save some energy and avoid going over any hills I don't have to." He said to himself as he confidently strode off.
Yougirasu
Yougirasu

Back to top Go down

Route 29 - Yougirasu (the 'don't I need a better title' saga) Empty Re: Route 29 - Yougirasu (the 'don't I need a better title' saga)

Post by Gary Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:31 pm

Taking in the scenic Johto landscape, Yougi looks at the rolling hills of Route 29, and decided to take the easy strolling path through. He acquaints himself with his brand new Togepi, as he analyzes her battling potential. However, their scenic stroll comes to a quick halt about midway through the route as they are stopped by a trainer.

"Hi there!" he waves at you. He is a slender teenage boy who wears a red jacket with a yellow hat and goggles and has black hair coming down across part of his face in bangs. "You're a new trainer right? My name is Ethan and I'm just starting out too! What do you say? Wanna battle it out and see who's better? I bet we can become rivals even!" He grinned and pulled out a PokéBall, sending out a Phanpy, who trumpeted cutely.
Gary
Gary
Admin

http://pokerevo.dieuxdufoot.com

Back to top Go down

Route 29 - Yougirasu (the 'don't I need a better title' saga) Empty Re: Route 29 - Yougirasu (the 'don't I need a better title' saga)

Post by Yougirasu Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:01 pm

As Yougi strides through the open area, not really paying that much attention to what's around him, he feels calm in a way. But he soon finds his calm interrupted as a slender male appears infront of him, seemingly out of nowhere.

"Frick on a stick-" Yougi starts, noting the age of the boy before cutting his sentence short. He'd almost tripped over his own feet, which would have sent them both flying into the grass. Why on earth do people have to appear out of nowhere? Yougi thought to himself as he took a step back, to get some distance between them and to observe the teen.

The teen stands tall in his deep red jacket and odd yellow cap, he suddenly starts waving at Yougi, even though they're only a few feet away and says.,
"Hi there!" Yougi looks on at the boy with silent disapproval, noting the goggles atop of his jet black hair. Was this guy trying to look like someone from an obscure anime?

As the boy pushed some of the bangs away from his eyes so he could get a better look at Yougirasu, he continued;
"You're a new trainer right? My name is Ethan and I'm just starting out too! What do you say? Wanna battle it out and see who's better? I bet we can become rivals even!"

Great, not only is the kid hyper, but he's competetive to a point where it's an obsession. Not only that but he's wierd, and not in the good way. Yougi continued his train of thought, growing slightly impatient with the guy.
"I suppose tha-" before Yougi had managed to finish his sentence, Ethan had whipped out his only PokéBall from his belt and was proceeding to call out his Pokémon. The young Phanpy emerged with a trumpet, from the light that the PokéBall gave, it pawed at the ground and seemed to appear as cute as possible.

"Frick on a st-" Yougi cut himself short again as he muttered "That's going to be one hell of a fight for my newbie. But we'll give it what we can, might even find an edge or two."
"Okay, you're on then." Yougi said confidently, proceeding to grab the PokéBall he'd put safely in his jacket and brought out the young Togepi. Togepi blinked in the sunlight, seeming as if it'd just been rudely awoken from a nap, but calmly looked at the energetic Phanpy and then back to Yougi as if to ask, 'is this really going to happen?'

Yougi looked on as Togepi lifted herself to her feet and he was quite unsure now. He wasn't even aware as to who would make the first move. He just didn't want to let his little partner down.
Yougirasu
Yougirasu

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:07 pm

(Apologies for the short update, but there isn't much else to say.)

Somewhat amused by the strange trainer who presented himself before Yougi all of a sudden, Yougi called upon his new Togepi because it was starting to seem that a battle was inevitable. He tried to mentally prepare himself for his first battle with his baby Pokémon, as it could prove to be a challenge.

Ethan was doing the same with his small Phanpy, and began to give out commands. "Alright Phanpy, let's do this! Start things off by getting a good sense of Togepi with an Odor Sleuth! Then Growl a little to show it who's boss!" Phanpy trumpeted out a "Phan!" as it prepared itself for battle.
Gary
Gary
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yougirasu Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:16 pm

With Ethan proceeding to confidently give out orders to his Phanpy, who responded positively to being told to sniff out Togepi and Growl at it, Yougi knew he had to make his move now before Phanpy executed its orders.

"Togepi," Yougirasu started with an air of uncertainty in his voice, "Charge on in there and Tackle the Phanpy as it's busy sniffing." Gaining some confidence within himself Yougi went on with further instructions.

"After that, make full use of your feminine effects and Charm that Phanpy." Yougi wished he could do more, but a Growl might intimidate a baby Pokémon to much to try for another tackle. He had to put his faith in the move, with no way of knowing the opposing Pokémon gender.

Togepi sat in front of Yougi, oblivious as to the fact that it may be out matched and calmly listening to its orders. As the battle got underway, she lifted herself off her shell with her feet and prepared to give it her all.
Yougirasu
Yougirasu

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:56 pm

A little uneasy about sending a baby into battle for his first Pokémon battle, Yougi decided to put some faith in his new Togepi. He quickly thought up a strategy and called it out to his togepi, while the Phanpy was busy preparing itself for battle as well.

Phanpy started things off by walking up to Togepi to sniff it out with his long trunk using Odor Sleuth, but it was little help. Togepi made the first strike, ramming into Phanpy for a fairly hard Tackle, sending the elephant rolling backwards. Phanpy Growled at Togepi in frustration, but Togepi turned on the waterworks, Charming the phanpy with its devilishly cute infantile appeal. Phanpy's guard was considerably lowered. Phanpy was the only one who's taken damage so far, so Togepi is off to a good start.
Gary
Gary
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yougirasu Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:46 pm

As Yougi watched the scene unfolding in-front of him, he placed his trust in Togepi's actions and allowed his mind to wander as to what sort of moves to use next. With it being expected of him to announce his orders before Ethan, a common used courtesy if nothing else, but Yougi was most unsure about the actions to take.

His focus turned to the battle as Togepi rammed into Phanpy, which ended up rolling backwards from the force. He could barely contain a smile, a sliver of it appearing for a split second, as he watched Togepi begin to turn on her waterworks to charm her foe as it tried to growl at her.

She's done well and it looks like Phanpy has dropped its guard, we might be able to use that as a good advantage Yougi thought to himself before turning to Togepi and saying,
"You've done a good job so far and this may feel a little draining, but the best defence is a good offence. So continue by using Tackle twice, that might be able to give us a wide edge over Phanpy.
Yougirasu
Yougirasu

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:41 am

Deciding to take advantage of the obvious cuteness that Togepi exuded, Yougi announced to his baby Pokémon that it was time to capitalize and go on the offensive. With that in mind, he quickly called out his orders, and Togepi nodded, tears still in her eyes from deceiving the Phanpy, as she prepared herself for the next round of battle.

While Phanpy was still standing there defenseless, not having the heart to strike down a baby Pokémon, Togepi slyly took advantage of this and rammed into the elephant for a hard Tackle, knocking Phanpy off his feet. It was a clean hit, and enough to call Phanpy back to his senses. He let out a frustrated trumpet of a Growl and then charged at Togepi for a Tackle, who countered with her own Tackle. Both Pokémon hit, but Togepi was the one sent flying back due to the sheer size and weight difference. Togepi took a hard hit this round, but Phanpy took even more damage, starting to pant a little harder now. It looks like Phanpy won't be left off its guard any more. "Grr, hang in there, Phanpy!" Ethan called out to his Pokémon, "Go in for a Tackle, and then use Defense Curl!"
Gary
Gary
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yougirasu Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:53 pm

As Yougirasu watched the battle move on, he really began to wish that Togepi had some better moves, or something that wouldn't get her sent flying if the two were to meet in a two-way tackle. He didn't like having to think this, but seeing his young Togepi sent flying as the two met with the same attack he cringed slightly.

As Ethan shouted his orders to his Phanpy, getting quite caught up in the battle, Yougi observed that Phanpy seemed much more wary of Togepi. It looked as if another charm would be out of the question, and a Togepi's growl wouldn't be all that intimidating. That leaves me with Tackle, Yougi summed up in his head, and going head on into a Tackling match won't do Togepi any good. I hope she's got some good running feet.

With his thinking over with and his mind set, Yougi set about giving his orders to Togepi,
"Listen up, you've not much at your disposal and you'll not beat it in a head on attack so let's mix things up. Make a real effort to Dodge his tackle and as soon as he curls up, Tackle it like a ball. Hopefully, if you get some good spin or a nice bounce or two it'll be quite disorientated."

With the battle getting more difficult for Togepi and Yougi, he just hoped that they could endure things until Phanpy could take no more.
Yougirasu
Yougirasu

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:56 pm

It was evident to Yougi that Togepi lacked the size and the strength to push Phanpy around, so he cleverly thought up a strategy in which he could use the Phanpy's strength against him. He then gave his orders to Togepi, and the next round of battling had begun.

Phanpy charged at Togepi with all its might, but the baby egg shape Pokémon nimbly leaped out of the way, making Phanpy completely whiff. In order to shield itself, Phanpy Curled into a Defensive ball, the situation Yougi had predicted. Togepi rammed into the curled up Phanpy with a Tackle, sending Phanpy rolling into a tree. Phanpy broke out of his ball a bit frustrated. Togepi didn't take any damage this round and used about the same amount of energy as Phanpy. Both Pokémon are starting to breathe a little harder, but Phanpy is visibly worse off right now.
Gary
Gary
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yougirasu Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:06 am

As the opposing Phanpy broke out of its ball like shape, Yougi felt a little aggravated. He'd hoped that it would have been fairly disorientated after being knocked around like a ball. But losing his cool wouldn't help Togepi's situation much, and he wasn't planning on losing anything. He had no real way of knowing what sort of moves Ethan would come up with after his orders were issued and really struggled to think of a way to keep Togepi as safe as possible, while inflicting damage and possibly tiring out his foe.

Yougi kept racking his brain as time trickled away, he needed some orders to give out now. He really couldn't take it any longer and issued the first thing that would make some sort of sense.
"Togepi, I'm sorry about how this sounds but we're low on options and it's very tough to come up with anything. Just Dodge if it goes straight in for a tackle and use your own Tackle if you see the chance.
Yougirasu
Yougirasu

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:14 am

Finding it difficult to come up with a strategy with Togepi's limited move pool, Yougi quickly called out the first thing that came to mind, which was to play it safe and wait for a counter attack. Togepi nodded as Phanpy looked ready to strike, and the next round began.

Phanpy started off the round letting out a Growl, which didn't do much to Togepi, who was wasn't planning to attack to begin with. She just simply stayed back and waited until the right moment. Like clockwork, Phanpy began to charge in for a Tackle, but Togepi easily dodged the attack and then countered with a Tackle from the side. Phanpy was knocked down a couple of feet, taking its time to get up. It used more energy and took more damage than Togepi did this round, and it doesn't look like it'll last much longer. "Don't give up, Phanpy!" Ethan called out, "Use Tackle, followed by another Tackle!"
Gary
Gary
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yougirasu Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:24 pm

Yougi was quite pleased with the way the battle had gone so far, Togepi's nimble dodges and impressive tackles meant she was everything he'd hoped for in a starter.

However, the battle was getting more intense. He sensed the Ethan knew that his Phanpy was growing weary from all of the hits and was beginning to give it everything in a full offensive. With such a barrage of Tackles, Phanpy was bound to be feeling low on energy. But all the dodging was beginning to show on Togepi as she'd started panting somewhat. Yougi knew he had to try and wrap this battle up fast, but the same old problem stood in his way. He needed a strategy, but didn't know what.

The only way Yougi saw for a decent opening to gain some more ground towards Phanpy's KO was for Togepi to endure this round, in terms of both health and energy. And with that, and a sense of guilt, he gave his orders to Togepi.
"Togepi, we're going to have to play a long game in this round. As he comes in for the first tackle, attempt a Growl, it's the only move we haven't tried yet. Do your best to Dodge the second and finally follow up with a Tackle. I'm sorry, but this may take a bit out of you."
Yougirasu
Yougirasu

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:51 am

Sensing that the end of the battle was coming, Ethan tried to put everything he had into the next round. This left Yougi in a predicament that left him with no other options but to go all out as well. He took a moment to think up a strategy, and then called it out to his Togepi, who nodded in comprehension. The two Pokémon squared off once more, both sides ready to finish things.

Phanpy immediately began to charge in for a Tackle, but Togepi tried something that would normally seem impossible for a Pokémon as small and cute as herself; an intimidating Growl. It didn't have the desired effect of scaring the phanpy, yet the result was the same. Phanpy stopped in its tracks in confusion and disbelief, which seemed to have spared Togepi for now. Phanpy then began charging in for a second Tackle, but this time Togepi quickly dodged out of the way, only to counter with a Tackle of her own. Completely exhausted, Togepi was on the verge of fainting, but became victorious as Phanpy was the first to fall, slumping over with swirls in its eyes. "That was a great battle, both of you!" Ethan exclaimed, a bit happy and a bit sad. He stuck his hand out for Yougi to shake. "I look forward to battling you more in the future! Let's do it again sometime!" With that, he turned around and walked off.

To celebrate her victory, Togepi happily wiggled her arms back and forth as they gave off a faint glow. Togepi has leveled up! Togepi learns the attack Metronome! Deciding that it was best to continue heading toward Cherrygrove City, Yougi and Togepi departed from the battleground. [advance] (Hint: before you post in Cherrygrove City, now would be a good time to take an Apricorn from the Apricorn Tree. Please post in that thread to do so.)
Gary
Gary
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down