Pokémon Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General FAQ

+8
Poke_Hunter
Salamencia
DTG6407
Insidious_Dreamer
Yougirasu
Joshua
Kindrindra
Gary
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

General FAQ - Page 2 Empty Re: General FAQ

Post by Lonely Cubone Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:52 am

I'm from the Sevii Islands! I should be able to go hoooooome. Not that anyone's got to Pewter City yet, so it's not exactly urgent is it?
Lonely Cubone
Lonely Cubone

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:26 pm

LC is exactly right. Everyone is still in the early stages of their adventures, so there is plenty of time for newer areas to be developed as well as stuff that's already in the works but hasn't been revealed yet.

@Poke_Hunter: I don't update Sinnoh, so I can't say with 100% accuracy, but seeing as there is accessible grass on that route before the bike ramp, I would say that you could travel there on your journey as well.
Gary
Gary
Admin

http://pokerevo.dieuxdufoot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Poke_Hunter Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:23 am

How can you apply to be an updater?
Poke_Hunter
Poke_Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveTheFishGuy Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:30 am

Probably obvious: How does 'happiness-based' evolution work?
DaveTheFishGuy
DaveTheFishGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:30 am

Already answered that question... :P
Gary wrote:For the time being, we're still a pretty small community, so the need for extra updators really isn't needed. However, there are a few cases like Kanto when we needed someone to step in, so it was a kind of situation where I simply asked Joshua if he wanted to help because I know of his updating experience from the past.

If you are interested in updating in the future though, all I need to know now is if you express interest in updating, and I'll keep it in the back of my mind.

Bottom line: When I do feel like we need updators in the future though, I will probably make a post asking for applications.

Edit: @Dave: Happiness based evolution works based on the updator's discretion, but generally a certain amount of levels must be raised until the Pokémon reaches its peak happiness. However, using items on your Pokémon or taking them to happiness-increasing salons will raise happiness significantly as well.

Last edited by Gary on Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Gary
Gary
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Poke_Hunter Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:50 am

Headbutt, Body Slam, Skull Bash - work like Tackle, Growl etc. here? Because they do in the ASB.
Poke_Hunter
Poke_Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:36 pm

Nope, just Tackle, Growl, Tail Whip, and Bite.
Gary
Gary
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Poke_Hunter Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:15 am

Question about the PMD zones; Would you be allowed to take generic items from around you? (Eg. Bark from trees in Dark Forest, jade from walls in Jade Cave.)
Poke_Hunter
Poke_Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Copygoo Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:48 am

I suppose this one's my call.

I'd say yes, though if its something like bark or a leaf it won't take up a slot and will be mysteriously gone by the end of your adventure. :p Since Sticks are a throwing item in the games, however, they will be categorized as an item and will be kept afterward.

You can take the jade, too, but since its currently growing out of the wall you'd need something strong to smash it hard enough.

Bascially, if it isn't an in-game item, it'll disappear when you finish the adventure. Updator's discretion if they want to make a certain "nature" item take up an inventory slot. I.e. I wouldn't make bark or a twig count in the inventory, but I would make a chunk of jade count. However, they'd all vanish at the end of the adventure since they aren't in-game items.

Last thing: If an in-game item (such as a Stick) would be commonly found in a place under normal conditions (such as the Dark Forest) it will still be uncommon to find, just like regular items like berries and seeds, just slightly more common. For instance, you are more likely to find Sticks, Berries, or Seeds in the Dark Forest than you are the Jade Cave. However, you are more likely to find things such as Geopebbles in the Jade Cave than you are in the Dark Forest. So if you're in the Dark Forest, you can pretty much tear off a piece of bark any time, but Sticks will be a more uncommon find.

Does that make sense?
Copygoo
Copygoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Yougirasu Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:14 pm

I have a question regarding Kaburumo's evolution. It's method of evolution is through trading with someone sending a Chobomaki in exchange and I was wondering how this would be implemented currently. No Chobomaki's were hatched during the event and I'm currently unsure if you're introducing the 5th gen Pokémon into the routes, so any light you could shed would be useful. I'm going to go look at it's moves and Abilities now, to see if I have any more questions for you.
Yougirasu
Yougirasu

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:42 pm

I had a feeling you would bring that up. Although I am aware of Kaburumo's evolution methods, I know relatively little about 5th gen so far, so this is tough for me to say. As of right now, I'll keep it at a standard trade evolution, like Alakazam or Gengar would, but make it so you cannot evolve it until you have 4 badges, much like the use of how an inter-region trade would normally go. Once 5th gen comes out in America and more light is shed on the whole game in general and we start to develop an Unova region here at Revo, then the evolution method will be subject to change.
Gary
Gary
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kindrindra Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:44 am

*Cracks Knuckles*
Well, let's get this stuff started. I need info for the following moves, sil vu plait.

Psycho Shock
Telekinesis
Magic Room
Kindrindra
Kindrindra

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:06 am

Hmm, well, I'm no ASB Attack dex or anything, so I'm going to make this real informal. These are just my opinions of my initial thoughts of the attacks based on their descriptions. (Again, I really don't know much about 5th gen yet, especially the attacks).

Psycho Shock: The Pokémon shocks the opponent with a blast similar to Psywave that physically harms them.
Telekinesis: Pokémon lifts the opponent into the air with psychic powers to make them levitate for a brief period of time. The opponent can still move, but is slowed down and easier to attack. Opponent is immune to ground type attacks during this period.
Magic Room: The Pokémon creates a force field-like barrier around the area which mentally blocks all Pokémon from realizing the effects of all items held by either Pokémon.

This is just my interpretation, but I hope that helps.
Gary
Gary
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Poke_Hunter Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:14 am

Can the PokéDollars and Berries received in the event be split between our Main adventure and our PMD adventure?
Poke_Hunter
Poke_Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:50 am

Nope, all items between the PMD zone and the rest of Revolution are strictly separate.
Gary
Gary
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Concept Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:54 pm

Seeing as we've just received gen V Pokémon through the Christmas giveaway, are gen V moves (and gen V movesets for non gen V Pokémon) now in effect?
Concept
Concept

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:37 pm

The only Pokémon that use their 5th gen movesets at this moment are the ones given away in the Christmas event. All other Pokémon still follow the HGSS movesets until the 5th gen is further unveiled here at Revo.
Gary
Gary
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum