Pokémon Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General FAQ

+8
Poke_Hunter
Salamencia
DTG6407
Insidious_Dreamer
Yougirasu
Joshua
Kindrindra
Gary
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

General FAQ Empty General FAQ

Post by Gary Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:54 pm

If you have any questions for the mods, please ask them here. Don't hesitate to ask if something's on your mind. It could be something that was accidentally left out of the rules, so helping us catch it makes Pokémon Revolution better for everyone!

Previously Asked Questions:

Does your hometown have to be in an accessible region, or can it be elsewhere, such as Fiore?
It can be from anywhere, even a made up town if you wish.

Do natures have any effect on the Pokémon?
Not at all. It's just to give your Pokémon a little descriptive personality.

Will it ever be possible to trade just items, or would you have to have a Pokémon hold said item before trading?
We would prefer that trades stick to Pokémon only, but you can attach a held item to the Pokémon.

Are we required to have our own thread in every town or is it possible to just stop in the Pokémon Centre/Mart before going out into the next Route?
You don't need to post an adventure in any town, unless there's a quest/event located specifically in that town. Feel free to just use any shop you want.

How does the evolution of Lucario, Gliscor, Umbreon, Espeon, and other time-related evolutions work in this?
If your Pokémon levels up at the right time of day, then they'll be able to evolve.

What are the attack descriptions for Revo?
Attack Descriptions are pretty much open for interpretation, and having creativity when using your attacks in battle should be praised. If you're stuck on what an attack might do, try to think about how it would be used in the games or in the anime.

How does 'happiness-based' evolution work?
Happiness based evolution works based on the updator's discretion, but generally a certain amount of levels must be raised until the Pokémon reaches its peak happiness. However, using items on your Pokémon or taking them to happiness-increasing salons will raise happiness significantly as well.

Last edited by Gary on Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:34 am; edited 3 times in total
Gary
Gary
Admin

http://pokerevo.dieuxdufoot.com

Back to top Go down

General FAQ Empty Re: General FAQ

Post by Kindrindra Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:18 am

Does your hometown have to be in an accessible region, or can it be elsewhere, such as Fiore?
Kindrindra
Kindrindra

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:20 am

It can be from a made up town if you wish. =o
Gary
Gary
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kindrindra Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:51 pm

Do natures have any effect on the Pokémon?
Kindrindra
Kindrindra

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:06 pm

Not at all. It's just to give your Pokémon a little descriptive personality :o
Gary
Gary
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshua Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:50 am

Did you make those awesome sprites in your signature?
Joshua
Joshua

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:52 am

Sure did xD
Gary
Gary
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yougirasu Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:17 am

Quick Question; Will it ever be possible to trade just items, or would you have to have a Pokémon hold said item before trading? I guess I've grown slightly accustom to the FB way of trading and just wondered about it.
Yougirasu
Yougirasu

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:52 am

Personally, I would prefer that trades stick to Pokémon only, but I can allow a held item on the Pokémon. I'll talk to the other guys about it.
Gary
Gary
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yougirasu Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:03 am

Just wondering, but since there's very little to do in Cherrygrove, are we required to have our own thread in the town or is it possible to just stop in the Pokémon Centre/Mart before going out into the next Route?
Yougirasu
Yougirasu

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:36 am

Oh, thanks for bringing that up. You don't need to post an adventure in any town, unless there's a quest/event located specifically in that town. Feel free to just use any shop you want.
Gary
Gary
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kindrindra Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:10 pm

How does the evolution of Lucario, Gliscor, Umbreon, Espeon, and other time-related evolutions work in this?
Kindrindra
Kindrindra

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:57 pm

As far as Johto goes, I'll be changing the time of day sometimes as the adventure goes on, so just be on the lookout for when it does. If your Pokémon levels up at the right time of day, then they'll be able to evolve.
Gary
Gary
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Insidious_Dreamer Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:17 am

Just to add to Gary's note there - I will also be changing the time of day as the adventure continues, and I expect firewater and Alto to do the same. So it should be fairly easy to get the time specific evos happening.
Insidious_Dreamer
Insidious_Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kindrindra Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:55 pm

Is there any way to get Pokémon to learn moves they learn through events or only in certain games? (example: Tri-Attack Togepi)
Kindrindra
Kindrindra

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:53 pm

At the moment, no. It is very possible that there could be something of this nature in the future, but I'm not guaranteeing anything.
Gary
Gary
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yougirasu Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:19 am

I have a question regarding one of my Pokémon. Is Gligar big enough and have enough of a mouth to use the move Bite? From anime episodes, I think it may be possible, but I'd rather check first.
Yougirasu
Yougirasu

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:31 am

Definitely. It's got the fangs to do it.
Gary
Gary
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DTG6407 Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:47 pm

Is it possible to apply to become an updater, and if so how?
DTG6407
DTG6407

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:57 pm

For the time being, we're still a pretty small community, so the need for extra updators really isn't needed. However, there are a few cases like Kanto when we needed someone to step in, so it was a kind of situation where I simply asked Joshua if he wanted to help because I know of his updating experience from the past.

If you are interested in updating in the future though, all I need to know now is if you express interest in updating, and I'll keep it in the back of my mind.

Bottom line: When I do feel like we need updators in the future though, I will probably make a post asking for applications.
Gary
Gary
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DTG6407 Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:29 pm

Could my Pikachu use Bite at it's current level (5), and would it be considered Dark- or Normal-typed? I wanna use it against Geodude in my battle against Joel, seeing as Geodudes don't resist Dark-type moves.
DTG6407
DTG6407

Back to top Go down

Post by Salamencia Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:02 pm

A slightly related question: What are the attack descriptions for Revo? Are we using the PASBL ones or roughly interpreting them from the games? Or do you have your own that just haven't been finished?
Salamencia
Salamencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:31 pm

For both of you, here is the long answer:
As far as updating goes, everyone has their own styles. I can't speak for the other updators, but personally I try to follow game descriptions and game attack animations closest. However, if an attack is somewhat ambiguous, I simply try to just use common sense when I think about the attack's name. If I'm really stuck, then I'll consult the PASBL Attack Descriptions, which aren't a bad resource if you need the help, although I try to keep attacks a little more closely tied to their in-game counterparts, like Bite being a dark type attack rather than Normal typed.

Short Answer: Attack Descriptions are pretty much open for interpretation, and having creativity when using your attacks in battle should be praised. If you're stuck on what an attack might do, try to think about how it would be used in the games or in the anime.
Gary
Gary
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Poke_Hunter Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:27 am

Say you're in Oreburgh, and want a Machop to fight Roark. Would you be allowed to go to route 207 (which, in the games, is accessible before the battle) to get one before the fight?
Poke_Hunter
Poke_Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Concept Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:49 am

Are there any plans to implement areas like the Sevii Islands, Orange Islands and Battle Frontiers? Sevii Islands would make sense just as part of Kanto, given that Kanto is probably the smallest region as it stands, and the Orange Islands possibly as a separate area which, given its relatively small size and fewer gyms, would work like challenging a new region with advanced squads and possibly not as a starting area.
Concept
Concept

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum