Pokémon Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Long Road Ahead: Kaito's First Steps

3 posters

Go down

The Long Road Ahead: Kaito's First Steps Empty The Long Road Ahead: Kaito's First Steps

Post by DTG6407 Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:38 pm

Kaito thanked Oak for the Pokémon, the supplies and helping him pack before leaving the lab, waving to him as he walked out of Pallet Town and down the familiar Route 1.

"It's good to be back." Kaito said, taking a deep breath of the fresh Kanto air. He closed his eyes and smiled as a gust of wind blew past his face, cooling him off. After a few seconds he reopened his eyes and looked down at the Pikachu pulling on his pant leg again. He chuckled and kneeled down to pat it on the head again, taking out his PokéDex.

"Look's like you'll be my first entry, buddy. Let's see what the Dex can tell me about you." Kaito said while pointing the Dex at Pikachu and flipping it open to begin scanning. "Pikachu, the Mouse Pokémon. It can generate electric attacks from the electric pouches located in both of its cheeks."

"Huh," Exclaimed Kaitio, "Cool. It says here your a female. How does the name... Nezumi sound? That sounds a bit girly, I guess. It's Japanese for mouse, or rat."

Kaito was happy to see the Pikachu grin happily as it accepted it's new name. It jumped up and wrapped it's small little arms around Kaito's neck, electrical tendrils escaping from it's cheeks and shocking him a bit. It hurt and made him a bit uncomfortable but he gently hugged the Pikachu back before it scurried up his chest and onto his shoulder.

"Is that where you wanna sit?" Kaito asked.

"Pika!" The mouse 'mon answered with a happy grin on it's face.

"Alright then, let's go Nezumi. Our adventure begins... Now. What do you say we get ourselves into some trouble? Haha!"

And with that Kaito set off down the Route with his new found friend standing on his shoulders, resting it's stomac against the back of Kaito's head, the mouse's arms rested on the top of Kaito's head. The two of them quickly strayed from the beaten path and into the tall grass, looking for a fight.
DTG6407
DTG6407

Back to top Go down

The Long Road Ahead: Kaito's First Steps Empty Re: The Long Road Ahead: Kaito's First Steps

Post by Firewater Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:00 pm

Things are interesting as everything is quiet. There aren't too many Pokémon out at this time, but there shouldn't be any issues. However, looking around, Kaito and Nezumi sneak around, only to find a large Spearow slam a Rattata into a tree without a scratch. As the Rattata flees, the seemingly perfectly healthy bird glares at the two, seemingly ready for a fight.

What will Kaito do?
Firewater
Firewater
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Long Road Ahead: Kaito's First Steps Empty Re: The Long Road Ahead: Kaito's First Steps

Post by DTG6407 Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:08 pm

OOC: Forgot to add this into my previous post, but I wasn't sure what gender Nezumi was so I just chose female. Hope that's alright.

"Oh, what do we have here?" Kaito removed his Dex from his back pocket slowly as not to alarm the angry looking Pokémon ahead of him and slowly started scanning the Pokémon. A familiar electronic voice rang from the Dex as Kaito ran the PokéDex up and down Spearow.

"Spearow. The Tiny Bird Pokémon. Unlike Pidgey, Spearow has a terrible attitude. It is very wild and will sometimes attack other Pokémon and humans."

"Ouu..." Kaito said, disliking what he just heard. "Alright Nezumi, you ready for this?"

"Pikachu!" Nezumi cried, quickly racing down Kaito's body and out to meet the Spearow, taking a battle stance, electricity sparking at it's cheeks.

"Alright then Nezumi, give it a Thundershock then Tail Whip!"
DTG6407
DTG6407

Back to top Go down

Post by Firewater Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:22 pm

Spearow grins, and dives directly at Nezumi, but that wasn't particuarly smart as the Thundershock launched does a heavy blast right from the start. At any rate, this battle seemed to be going quite well, when suddenly... A Geodude smashes it into the ground. It's trainer grins before snickering, as he calls out.

"Oops, sorry about that dude, looks like Geodude kinda killed it, but anyway, you can find those anywhere, you can't find someone like me though, I'm Joel, and I'm gonna be a Pokémon master. But I figure that puny thing can't take this strength of my Geodude, so let's get started kid."

Things don't look good typewise, but Nezumi looks a bit pissed, what will Kaito do, especially as a Geodude is charging headlong for his Pikachu!

"Eh, don't waste my time, attack or something kid, let's see what you got!"

Joel cries out angrily as Geodude charges Nezumi....

Firewater
Firewater
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DTG6407 Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:26 pm

"Hmm, not smart to bring an electric type to a rock Pokémon's party. Ah well, what the hell. Nezumi! Dodge the Geodude then get in a quick Tailwhip!"
DTG6407
DTG6407

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshua Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:26 pm

(Howdy there DTG, congrats on being my first victim :p)

Despite the disadvantage thrown suddenly at him, Kaito decides to run with it, and sends Nezumi out to meet this new challenge head on. As the Geodude rushes in to slam the Pikachu with a Tackle, the electric rodent is able to dart out of harm's way with relative ease.

Unsure of where Nezumi has actually ended up, the Geodude is caught off-guard as Nezumi's Tail Whips across it's back, causing the Geodude to cringe slightly. "Geodude, don't let this rat beat you!" Joel calls out. "Rush at it with another Tackle, plow through that runt!"
Joshua
Joshua

Back to top Go down

Post by DTG6407 Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:25 pm

OOC: Haha, hey Josh. Thanks for the update!

Kaito smiled as he saw his new companion rush out to fight for him. His smile grew when Nezumi followed his orders and successfully dodged the Geodude's reckless charge, confidence growing inside of him as he realized that Nezumi and him could do this.

"Haha, alright Nezumi! 'Atta a girl! Keep it up and dodge it again, then Tackle it to the ground! We can win this!"
DTG6407
DTG6407

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshua Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:57 pm

The Geodude heeds it's trainer's orders and rushes swiftly at Nezumi. The Pikachu, however, is more than swift enough to again avoid this incoming assault, leaping nimbly to one side to dodge.

Heeding his trainer's second order, Nezumi turns and rushes in for a Tackle, only to be met by another Tackle from the rocky creature. Both Pokémon hit each other, the momentum knocking the Geodude back a few inches and Nezumi a foot or so, damaging them both, Nezumi more than Geodude. Both Pokémon are still fairly fresh, Nezumi having taken just a little more damage than Geodude.
Joshua
Joshua

Back to top Go down

Post by DTG6407 Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:02 am

OOC: Also, a question if I may ask it Josh. What's the condition of the Spearow I was battling? Did it legit die when Geodude crushed it, or was it just KO'd? Just wondering, 'cause I'm interested in capturing it Very Happy.

Kaito's heart sank as he saw his Pikachu get thrashed around by the obtuse rock Pokémon.

"That's alright Nezumi. If it comes in for an attack, dodge and then bite it! If it doesn't, tackle it then bite it!"
DTG6407
DTG6407

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshua Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:35 am

(OOC: Deal with the Geodude first, we'll come back to the Spearow afterwards. Also, could you do me a favour, and stick your Pikachu's gender in your sig? It'd be helpful not to have to skim through your replies to remind myself of it, and it'll help down the track when you have more than one Pokémon.)

Hearing Kaito's orders, Nezumi stood in a ready stance, waiting for his boulder adversary to making a move. He didn't have to wait long before the Geodude came charging at him, and the Pikachu was once again able to swiftly leapt aside from the attack.

However, the Geodude wasn't quite finished, rushing in for a second Tackle. This secondary assault caught Nezumi off-guard, knocking the Pikachu back for a good wallop. Gritting her teeth, Nezumi rushes forward and Bites down hard on the Geodude's arm, causing the rock to cry out in pain as it takes a good hit.

Joel looks aghast at this. "Hang on, what just happened?" he calls out, seemingly caught off-guard that Nezumi can effectively hurt his Pokémon.
"Geodude, Defense Curl now!" he orders.
Joshua
Joshua

Back to top Go down

Post by DTG6407 Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:13 pm

OOC: Yeah, I was planning on dealing with the 'Dude first anyway, and no problem about putting my Pikachu's gender in my sig. I'll do that right after this post.

Kaito chuckled a bit as he saw Joel's reaction. A grin spread across his face and he gave a little Vader-esque fist pump as he thought Yes it worked!

"Nezumi, my dear! Growl while it's in Defense Curl, then Bite once again. If it comes out of Defense Curl then bite it twice instead of just once!"

Hopefully that Growl will make it to come out of Defense Curl, Kaito thought to himself.
DTG6407
DTG6407

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshua Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:41 am

(OOC: Thanks.)

Joel's Geodude immediately throws his arms in front of his face, Curling his body into a Defensive position to attempt to whether the oncoming attacks. Nezumi watches for a moment, trying to work out which orders she should use. Establishing that the rock type is not coming out of his Curl on his own, Nezumi begins Growling fiercely.

Geodude, unprepared for the oral assault, is startled slightly, relaxing from his defensive position just slightly. Nezumi seizes her opportunity and lunges in with a Bite, Geodude crying out as the Pikachu sinks her teeth into his shoulder. Geodude is starting to look like the battle is taking his toll, but Nezumi is starting to breathe a little heavier.
Joshua
Joshua

Back to top Go down

Post by DTG6407 Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:08 am

Kaito noticed his Pikachu's increased breathing. It was a bit difficult to come up with a strategy that would allow Nezumi a rest and protect her from harm at the same time.

"Nezumi, try to keep up the assault! If it uses Defense Curl, then just hang out and have a rest. Try to dodge any attacks after wards. If it doesn't use Defense Curl, triple Bite attack!
DTG6407
DTG6407

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshua Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:21 pm

Kaito issues his orders, attempting to both allow Nezumi to catch her breath and stay safe. Joel however, doesn't seem willing to give that chance. "Geodude, go in for a couple of Tackles!"

Nezumi is caught off-guard as the rock type comes flying in, and the Pikachu is hit pretty hard as he tries to work out which set of commands to follow. Sliding along the dirt for a bit, Nezumi's feet begin to move as she runs in for a Bite, deciding the offensive set of orders is the one to go for.

As Nezumi goes to Bite her opponent, the Geodude comes in for a second attack. Nezumi isn't able to get her teeth into her opponent before she's hit a second time, cringing in pain as she is knocked backwards again. Not to be outdone, she leaps at the Geodude, Biting it pretty hard before she's shaken off.

The Pikachu is still not finished, leaping over top of the rock Pokémon to sink her teeth into it's back. Geodude roars this time, and Nezumi backs off as the 'Dude begins to flail a bit from the pain, not wanting to be hit again.

Geodude doesn't look like it can take much more, but Nezumi's health is starting to run low as well. Her breathing, as well, is coming out fairly heavily. Joel, noticing this, is quick to yell. "Geodude, get the Pikachu! Tackle it, then Defense Curl!"
Joshua
Joshua

Back to top Go down

Post by DTG6407 Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:27 pm

Alright, Kaito thought to himself, she definitely needs a rest now.

"Nezumi, you're doing great girl! Growl to slow down it's tackle, then do your best to latch on with a Bite attack. Chill out and catch your breath while it uses Defense Curl."
DTG6407
DTG6407

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshua Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:59 am

Kaito, out of concern for his Pikachu, calls out some careful orders this round, and Nezumi takes them in. As the Geodude charges in for a Tackle, Nezumi Growls fiercely at it, which slows it down a little, but the rock type still slams the Pikachu for a good hit.

Not to be beaten yet, Nezumi reacts immediately, Biting down harshly on the Geodude. The rock type gives one final, exhausted cry, before rolling onto its face, defeated.

Level Up for Nezumi!

"Haha, nicely done man," Joel says. He walks forward and scoops up his Geodude in his arms. "Great work buddy," he says soothingly to the fallen Pokémon. "We'll get 'em next time."

After returning his Pokémon to its ball, Joel walks up to Kaito. "Damn man, you got some mad skills. I'm officially declaring you my rival, so expect to see me again!" he declares, thrusting out a clenched fist. Kaito holds out his hand to receive 300 PokéDollars and a small berry.

"That's a Sitrus Berry, man. My older sister gave it to me, telling me it'd heal my Pokémon in a pinch. But since mine's KO'ed, it ain't gonna help me will it?" He laughs, before turning away. "Anyways, catch ya around, rival."

Kaito stares at the Sitrus Berry for a few moments, before a loud caw interrupts his reverie. He turns his head to find another Spearow standing over the KO'ed one, with an extremely angry look at it's face. What will Kaito do?

(OOC: Just as a hint, I'll let you use the Sitrus Berry before the battle. Just in this case though.)
Joshua
Joshua

Back to top Go down

Post by DTG6407 Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:03 am

Kaito gave another Vader-esque fist pump as he saw his Nezumi latch her teeth onto the Geodude. It gave one final cry before submitting to defeat, causing both Nezumi and Kaito to rejoice in a bit of celebration.

"Haha, yeah! Alright Nezumi, you did it!" He runs over to his Pikachu and carefully scoops her up in his arms. She looks tired and worn, but her face lights up as Kaito praises her.

Exchanging some words with Joel, Kaito is surprised to hear that he's got a new rival. He's not sure what to make of it at first, but as Joel hands over a Sitrus Berry and some money, Kaito smiles and agrees that he likes that idea, the two shaking hands before departing ways.

"Bye! Good luck next time, eh?" Kaito said with a chuckle. He stared at the money and the berry for a few moments, contemplating if he should use the berry to heal his Pikachu or just save it for another time. A loud caw interrupts his contemplation, and he turns to find another very angry looking Spearow standing over the KO'd one from before.

"Uh-oh..." Kaito said softly to himself. "Nezumi, we're not done yet I'm afraid."

He held the berry out for her to eat. After taking a sniff or two, the electric mouse takes it in her hands and gobbles it down quickly. Feeling much better than before, she races down Kaito's body and out to meet the Spearow.

"Alright girl. Let's try and end this quickly. Double Thundershock!"
DTG6407
DTG6407

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshua Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:21 pm

After Nezumi finishes her berry and restores her lost strength, she readies herself to face off against the Spearow, who has already taken to the air by the time Nezumi was ready. The Pikachu's cheeks crackles with electricity, but the Spearow is able to dive under the Thundershock and Peck at Nezumi, barely missing her eye.

Trying to take advantage of the Spearow's closeness, Nezumi gets ready for another Thundershock. The Spearow, however, Growls fiercely at her, flapping its wings and getting right in her face. The Thundershock is sent off in a wild arc as Nezumi freaks out a little, some of the attack clipping the Spearow for a moderate hit. The Spearow flaps its wings harder, gaining some altitude. What will Kaito do now?
Joshua
Joshua

Back to top Go down

Post by DTG6407 Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:24 pm

Kaito was taken back a little bit by the Spearow's agile and grace as it flew through the air, swiftly dodging his Pikachu's thundershocks. You're pretty good, little Spearow. He thought to himself.

"Nezumi, wait for it to close in then Tackle it to the ground. Give it a Thundershock right after!"
DTG6407
DTG6407

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshua Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:33 pm

Recognising the Spearow as a clever foe, Kaito tries to work out a new set of tactics that will work against the flighty opponent. Nezumi waits patiently as ordered, and the Spearow doesn't disappoint, zooming in towards Nezumi.

Nezumi lunges at the incoming bird, but the Spearow is again too nimble for the Pikachu, evading to the side as it flies past. Crackling with electricity, Nezumi fires off a Thundershock, which finally hits the swift Spearow and causes it to cry out in pain as it takes a big hit.

With several flaps of its wings, the Spearow is soon back in Nezumi's face, and the Pikachu freaks out as the Spearow slams into her face, electing for a Tackle as opposed to a Peck. As the Spearow takes off, it's obvious it's taken a good shot this round, but it may take a couple more to bring it down.
Joshua
Joshua

Back to top Go down

Post by DTG6407 Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:18 pm

Yes! She got an electric attack in. The Spearow was pretty close though, so let's try and get it close before we use another Thundershock. Kaito planned in his head.

"Nezumi, Growl as it comes in for an attack, then double Thundershock!"
DTG6407
DTG6407

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshua Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:25 pm

Trying to repeat the previous round's success, Kaito calls out his orders to Nezumi in an attempt to score a devastating blow to the Spearow. The fierce bird comes zooming in again, and Nezumi Growls at it. The Spearow, however, Growls right back, and Nezumi soon finds herself plowed into by the fast flying feathered fiend.

Grunting, Nezumi's body explodes with electricity as she lets fly the Thundershock, finally scoring a direct hit. The Spearow screams and flaps its wings desperately. Nezumi readies another shot, but with a bit of bad luck to both sides Spearow's wings lock up for a moment, the bird falling slightly as the Thundershock zips towards it. The electric assault grazes across the Spearow's back, dealing another good hit, but allowing the Spearow to regain its mobility.

The Spearow flaps its wings, looking beaten up and furious. It doesn't look as though it can take more than a couple blows like that. But Nezumi's breathing is starting to become ragged from the constant attacks she's been flinging around.
Joshua
Joshua

Back to top Go down

Post by DTG6407 Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:34 pm

Not bad, Nezumi. Kaito said. He felt bad when he heard her ragged breathing. I'm sorry I'm working you so hard.

"Nezumi, we're almost there girl! Wait for it to get a bit closer, then fire two more Thundershocks!"

Kaito reached behind him and pulled out one of his dormant PokéBalls. He clicked the middle button, enlarging it, then threw it up in the air a couple times before gripping it in his palm and holding it down at his side.

That Spearow doesn't look to hot, so if Nezumi scores even one of the Thundershocks I should be able to capture it.
DTG6407
DTG6407

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshua Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:46 pm

Nezumi and Spearow glare each other down as the Spearow circles, the battle taking its toll on both of them. Spearow suddenly folds its wings, diving straight at the Pikachu, who attempts to respond in time with a Thundershock. The resulting electric attack slams Spearow hard, but Nezumi is not able to get out of the way of the dive, and Spearow slams her into the ground, hard.

Spearow, almost crumpled on top of Nezumi, is in no condition to avoid what becomes the final attack of the battle. Nezumi's body lights up one more time, and Spearow gives off a weakened cry as its system is fried, and it collapses, unconscious.

Level Up for Nezumi!

Without hesistation, Kaito hurls the PokéBall he was holding, the red and white sphere zooming straight for the KO'ed Spearow. The ball sucks in the fainted bird, and rolls a couple of times being giving off that satisfying DING sound.

Kaito has captured a Level 4 Male Spearow!

Upon a brief look around, Kaito notices with surprise the other Spearow has vanished. He can also see a set of buildings in the distance that suggest Viridian City is fairly close. And with Nezumi in her exhausted condition, Kaito would do well to go and heal her up. [Advance]
Joshua
Joshua

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down