Pokémon Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Small Start

2 posters

Go down

A Small Start  Empty A Small Start

Post by Ethereal Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:17 am

A figure was seen entering Pallet Town from Route 1, and the strangely clothed teenager looked up as he stood still. The azure expanse above him had been dressed with a few thin white sheets, which billowed, faded, and curled as the wind carried them away. After a bit of confusion and misunderstanding, Carlisle had finally made it to Pallet Town. It had a very tranquil vibe, which helped Carlisle feel confident after what had happened.

A lanky man with an unamused expression and frigid cyan eyes stared back at him. He was playing percussion with the end of his ballpoint pen on a wooden counter, often switching up the beat every few seconds. He looked as if he would just solidify in place, but he finally said, "Go home, kid. We don't need anyone like you playing with us."

"I'm sorry, sir, all I'm asking is if the Professor is in today. If I have to come back at another time, please tell me."

"Don't be such a smartass, shrimp. Leave or I'll have to call someone here."

Eventually, Carlisle had come across Viridian City, which felt so foreign to him. He swiftly walked towards one of the cobalt blue roofed buildings, which he recognized as a Pokémart. As he opened the door, a bell chimed and drew a cashier's attention towards him. The walls were covered in shelves of various tools and supplies, with each being identified by unique shapes or colors.

He timidly walked up to the counter, where he was greeted with a wrinkly smile. The elderly woman cheerily rearranged some potions before asking, "So, how can I help you, young man?"

Carlisle cleared his throat before saying, "Oh, I need some directions. Can you tell me where Professor Oak's Laboratory is?

The woman raised an eyebrow at him, which made him a bit nervous, resulting in his cheeks turning scarlet. He modestly replied, "I'm a little new here."

She pulled a slip of paper out from under the counter, and grabbed one of the pens in her apron. Jotting down notes on the paper, she sighed, Just leave her from the south end of town. Keep going all the way."

Snatching the paper as she slid it towards him, Carlisle eagerly jumped out of the shop, and hopped over a ledge to get to Route 1. He proceeded cautiously, inspecting the ground for anything he could trip up in or break. He timidly ran for the last few yards, and took his breath before entering town.

He pulled a white sketchbook and pencil from the pouched at his belt loop, and took some time to draw a toddler and his mother smiling while playing with a Rattata as he was absently walking towards the southern edge of town. I can finish this later, he thought. He had been so eager to meet the Professor, and tere was no reason to slow his pace now. He hastily crammed the papers in his pouch, and ran down the dirt path to what looked like the largest building in town, which he had assumed was the lab.

Carlisle brushed some of the dust that collected on his pants, and played with his hair. I don't want to give the Professor the impression I'm a psychopath, thought Carlisle. Looking at a glass window, he smiled when he saw his mother's eyes and father's nose on his face. He looked at the plaque next to the window and read "OAK POKÉMON LAB". He pulled one of the glass doors open, and as he shuffled inside he hoped Professor Oak wouldn't mind that he had come uninvited.
Ethereal
Ethereal

Back to top Go down

A Small Start  Empty Re: A Small Start

Post by DaveTheFishGuy Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:22 pm

Good lord, it's an update. 'sup Ethe, sorry to take so long getting to you, been severely out of my groove with this whole business. Hopefully we should get back to normal service now.

Having finally made it through his misadventures to Pallet Town, Carlisle's goal was in sight - Professor Oak's Laboratory. Composing himself, the young man slipped inside the building, hoping to find who he was looking for.

As it turns out, he didn't have to look far, an older man reading a computer screen. At Carlisle's approach, he turned, jumped slightly, before standing up. "Ah! I'm sorry, I didn't hear you come in! You must be one of the new trainers I've been expecting, hmm? Well, welcome to my Lab. My name is Prefessor Oak."

Though at a better look, the lab doesn't seem to be the ultra-clean utopia that the exterior would suggest. Possibly trying to cover this up, the scientist quickly gestures toward a large table, upon which several metallic spheres are sat. "Well then, you may choose your very first Pokémon right here. Make your descision carefully - once you select your partner, there's no turning back. Each one offers something special over the others, and so I ask you now to pick the Pokémon you wish to start your adventures with."

With closer inspection, each PokéBall has a card underneath, which lists their occupants. The Pokémon within are as follows:

Charmander
Squirtle
Bulbasaur
Pikachu
Pidgey
Meowth
Machop
Abra
Geodude
Nidoran (Male or Female)

With a big choice in front of him, what will Carisle do?
DaveTheFishGuy
DaveTheFishGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:57 pm

Carlisle immediately found the Professor as he stepped in the building, his attention drawn by a monitor he was reading. Oak was surprised to see the lad, to say the least, but thought he was simply one of the new trainers that he had been expecting after luckily not having a heart problem at his age. As a possible attempt to draw Carlisle's attention away from the stay that constricted around him, the Professor gestured to a large table which was occupied by only eleven metallic orbs, all with a red top, pale grey bottom, and button in the center. The golf ball sized spheres all had a card beneath them, and the Professor said "Well then, you may choose your very first Pokémon right here. Make your descision carefully - once you select your partner, there's no turning back. Each one offers something special over the others, and so I ask you now to pick the Pokémon you wish to start your adventures with."

Stepping to the table, Carlisle glanced at all the names that were listed on the cards, and began to consider which one he'd choose as his first Pokémon. The first three names he read were immediately eliminated, he never really cared for starters and he felt indifferent to the three types they were characterized by. The next three were also eliminated, he never thought much of Pikachu, Pidgey was too plain, and Meowth, despite the fact that he could be a never ending pot of gold, wasn't his type of Pokémon. The next four (or five) Pokémon were where his favorites were, but Machop and Geodude were too "rugged" for his tastes.

Carlisle started to feel as if Oak's eyes were boring into him with anticipation, but resisted the temptation to take a peek over his shoulder. He was down to the last three now, Nidoran M, F, and Abra. Nidoran M/F both had their appeals, interesting color, unique typing, and looked very fearsome (boobies are also a plus for the female line). Abra was a different choice, it wouldn't know many moves for a while, however psychic types always appealed to Carlisle. The fox/goat mystical humanshape would be a very versatile team member after it gained some experience.

With a bit of a struggle, Carlisle picked up the Abra to his left, grasping the sphere in his palm while turning towards the Professor. "I'll take this one, sir," he calmly replied, and pressed the button on the sphere's center to release the Pokémon that was resting inside it. Snatching a Cherish Ball from his pouch, he pushed the button so that the Yuniran could soon become acquainted with the Abra. Before they could interact, he fed the flying goo ball two Rare Candies.
Ethereal
Ethereal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down