Pokémon Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The First Mile

2 posters

Go down

The First Mile Empty The First Mile

Post by TheDarkFiddler Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:18 pm

Spencer couldn't believe it... he was a trainer now. After the years of waiting, he finally had a Pokémon of his very own, a male Nidoran. He could hardly breathe as he stepped out of his home town onto the route leading to the next town. This wasn't really a new place to him, but... it all seemed so newly, and so much more exciting now that he had his Pokémon with him.

"I... I suppose I should get to know the little guy, right?" He spoke to nobody in particular, not even himself really as he reached down and popped the new Poké Ball off of his belt. He pressed the button on the ball, expanding it, and released the little 'mon within in a brilliant flash of light. In a matter of seconds, there was now a small purple creature standing in front of him, a bit disoriented. Spencer leaned down to get closer to his new pal, who looked vacantly back up at him. "Ni...?"

"Hey little guy, my name's Spencer! What's yours?" Spencer smiled widely at the Nidoran in front of him, putting his hand out as if to shake hands, before bringing it back, realizing the problem with that. The Nidoran just continued to stare up at him. "Hmm... I guess I should use that thing Professor Oak gave me to find out more about you...?" At this, Spencer pulled out his Pokédex and held it up to scan the Nidoran, listening carefully to what it said. Nidoran, the Poison Point Pokémon. Its large ears are flapped like wings when it is listening to distant sounds. It extends toxic barbs when angered.

"Is that it? I... suppose that's kind of interesting, but I was expecting something a bit more useful... so, what should I call you?" Spencer looked down at his new friend as if he legitimately expected an answer from him, before shaking his head. "Man, not even two hours and I'm already going insane... well, Spencer, think about this logically... Nidoran evolves into Nidorino, and then Nidoking... king... perhaps... Napoleon? How's that name sound?" For perhaps the first time since being let out of his Pokéball, Napoleon looked up at Spencer, with a happy expression on its face. "Oh, I thought it was pretty good too! Well, Napoleon, I think this is the start of a great friendship!"

Spencer waited a few seconds, with no response from Napoleon. "You're a pretty chill dude, aren't you? Well, we're moving on to Veridian City right now, unless we run into some wild Pokémon. I mean, if we're going to be traveling together, we ought to get to learn how the other works in battle, right?" Again, no real response, but Spencer laughed it off. "Right, let's go Napoleon! We're on the road to Viridian City!"
TheDarkFiddler
TheDarkFiddler

Back to top Go down

The First Mile Empty Re: The First Mile

Post by DaveTheFishGuy Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:22 pm

Sup man, guess who your new updator is? Small world, huh? Hope you have fun with this.

The two new acquaintances made their way down the Route. Even though Napoleon would eventually become a King, and not an Emperor, he was still happy to belong to someone. The pair walked along, looking at the new sights and sounds of the outdoors. A few Pidgey flapped overhead, flocking over the treetops. As Spencer watched them, he found his attention drawn further upward, where a huge Fearow wheeled in the air, making its way toward hunting grounds. Still, it was quite a sight from down here.

However, a bark from his Pokémon interrupted the new Trainer's reverie, as he snapped his view down to look questioningly at the Nidoran at his feet. Following his companion's gaze, he saw a girl, around the same age as him, sitting on a rock on the path ahead. As Spencer appoached, she stood up, looking at the pair before addressing them.

"Hey there! I've been waiting here for ages for someone to come along! You're a new trainer too, right? Well, same here! My name's Lisa, and I just got my first Pokémon! I'd love to have a battle with you, since that's such a cute-looking Nidoran you have there!" The peppy trainer then throws out a PokéBall, and the shape of a Squirtle appears, limbering up in his tough shell, before grinning at the sight of a challenge.

Looks like Spence and Napoleon have their first fight on their hands! What will the trainer do now?
DaveTheFishGuy
DaveTheFishGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDarkFiddler Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:37 pm

"A battle, huh? You think you're ready for this, Napoleon?" Spencer looked down at his new companion as he asked his question, and got a slow, deliberate nod from him as he stepped forward. "Alright then, I promise I'll do my best for you, Napoleon!" Napoleon merely nodded again, limbering out slightly and shaking the rest out from his limbs, getting ready for the battle. "Man, you're so relaxed, even in the face of battle, Napoleon."

"Hmm... first battle, let me just think for a bit... you probably don't know that many attacks, right?" Spencer thought for a few seconds before shaking his head to stop his train of thought, looking up at Lisa. "I'm sorry, I didn't officially accept your challenge, did I? I'd be happy to battle you!"
TheDarkFiddler
TheDarkFiddler

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveTheFishGuy Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:49 pm

Lisa beamed, and her Squirtle copied her, smiling brightly at the acceptance of a challenge. "That's awesome! Your Nidoran's so calm and collected, it must be sure of itself! But that doesn't mean I'm going to take it easy on it."

The girl now seemed to get serious, and her Squirtle stepped forward, mimicking his trainer. "Alright Squirtle, start off with a Tackle, before launching into a Tail Whip!"

With Squritle readying to attack, what will Spencer order Napoleon to do in response?
DaveTheFishGuy
DaveTheFishGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDarkFiddler Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:09 pm

"Yeah, he's pretty cool, but I wouldn't expect you to take it easy on him! He deserves more than that! So, uh... Napoleon..." Napoleon looked back quickly, waiting for his orders.

"Uh... you don't know that many attacks, so... I guess use Leer to try and intimidate it, then Peck?" Napoleon nodded, before turning around and taking up a fighting stance, ready to start his first battle. "And uh, you can do it, Napoleon!"
TheDarkFiddler
TheDarkFiddler

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveTheFishGuy Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:23 pm

Running in for a Tackle, Squirtle finds himself stopped in his tracks by Napoleon's Leer of tactical superiority. Pressing his advantage, the Nidoran lunges in, Pecking the Squirtle's soft arm, and snapping him out of his fear. The Tinyturtle doesn't look impressed, and turns around, Tail Whipping across Napoleon's face, before the two stand off once more.

Squirtle took a bit more damage there, but both are about even, with everything to play for.

Interested as to her opponent's battle style, Lisa hangs back, waiting to see what Spencer will order.
DaveTheFishGuy
DaveTheFishGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDarkFiddler Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:54 pm

"Not bad, Napoleon... umm..." Spencer sits, thinking for a few seconds, watching both Napoleon and the Squirtle. "Well, since it worked last time, why not try a Leer and Peck combo again?"
TheDarkFiddler
TheDarkFiddler

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveTheFishGuy Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:40 pm

{OOC: dropping the size thing, it's getting on my nerves :zaru:}

"Quickly Squirtle! Tail Whip, then Tackle him hard!" called Lisa.

Napoleon Leers at his opponent again, but Squirtle turns Tail, quite literally, Whipping the appendage across the Nidoran's face, knocking him back. The two then exchange blows, the Tinyturtle Tackleng straight into Napoleon's Peck, causing them to fall apart slightly, before picking themselves up.

It looks like the damage was about even there, though Squirtle again took a bit more, though he used more energy in the process.

"You just won't let up, will you kid? I like that!" Lisa grinned. "Let's go Squirtle, two Tackles, nice and fast!"
DaveTheFishGuy
DaveTheFishGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDarkFiddler Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:57 pm

"Oh, uh... quick, Napoleon, counter with a Peck and... uh... another Peck too!" Spencer was realizing that he may need to think of a strategy at some point in the future... more skilled opponents wouldn't be as forgiving with all this thinking time. Still, he hoped that this would work well, since if it came down to a tackle and a peck... well, Napoleon had his horn.
TheDarkFiddler
TheDarkFiddler

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveTheFishGuy Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:39 pm

The two Pokémon meet head on, with Squirtle's Tackle meeting Napoleon's Peck. The force of impact sends the Nidoran back a bit, but it seems Squirtle took a bit more damage from running into a horn moving the other way. A few seconds later, and the process repeats, both Pokémon ramming into each other for a Tackle and Peck, before bouncing away.

Squirtle took more damage by far there, rubbing his head from the impacts. Napoleon's a lot better off, and he's also ahead in energy.

Lisa didn't seem impressed, but waits to see what Spencer will do again.
DaveTheFishGuy
DaveTheFishGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDarkFiddler Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:30 pm

"Good job, Napoleon... I think we might be pulling ahead! Show that Squirtle that you mean business with a Leer, and follow it up with another Peck!" At this point, Spencer seems to really be getting into the battle. Although before he spoke with obvious hesitance, his voice is filled with much more confidence now. Even Napoleon seems to be a bit fired up, though he still manages to retain his calm, relaxed demeanor.
TheDarkFiddler
TheDarkFiddler

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveTheFishGuy Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:47 pm

"Quickly Tail Whip, then Tackle him right back, Squirtle!" Lisa's order was fast, but it seems that she's letting her impatience get the best of her.

However, Napoleon's Leer goes unnoticed, as Squirtle turns to attack him with a Tail Whip, slamming the little rabbit across the face, which seems to annoy the Poison-type more than damage him. The two then trade blows, with the Nidoran Pecking the top of Squirtle's head as the Water-type Tackles into him, Napoleon once more getting knocked back further, though Squirtle seems to take more damage. He almost seems to shudder, as a faint purple tinge takes to his skin.

Lisa gasps. "No! That's Nidoran's Poison Point! How could you? That's just really mean!" Indeed, the top of Squirtle's head seems a bit red, and it looks like the little barbs on Napoleon's skin have done their job. It's now just a matter of time.

Napoleon took some damage, but Squirtle took more, looking close to collapse.

Lisa bit down on her bottom lip, before managing to call out, "You jerk! We'll make you pay for that! Go on Squirtle, double Tackle, finish him!"
DaveTheFishGuy
DaveTheFishGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDarkFiddler Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:21 pm

"Alright Napoleon, looks like they're at the end of their ropes... match those double tackles with your own Tackles!" Spencer smiled, victory was in sight. It was only his first battle, but he thought that he and Napoleon were doing great! "You can do it, Napoleon!"
TheDarkFiddler
TheDarkFiddler

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveTheFishGuy Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:29 pm

Shaking off the discomfort he's feeling, Squirtle lumbers in for a Tackle, but Napoleon launches a Tackle of his own, the two bodily colliding and bouncing away. Looking tired, the two go in again, another pair of Tackles hitting each other and sending both sprawling. Napoleon takes a couple of seconds to get to his feet, and stares Squritle down as the Water-type struggles, trying to get up...

But a flash of purple decides the battle, the poison sapping away the last of Squirtle's health, and he collapses into the dirt, eyes swirling, with no possibility to continue.

Level Up for Napoleon!

"No way! Squirtle, what did they do to you?!" Lisa screeches in disbelief, running over to scoop up her brave Water-type. "It's ok, not your fault you got cheated..." she murmurs, before recalling him to his PokéBall. She then looks up at Spencer and Napoleon, eyes narrowing.

"You! I don't know how you did it, but you cheated! You, you... you jerk! You just got lucky! If Squirtle hadn't been poisoned, we'd have won for sure!" Angrily, the girl huffs, before handing over 300 PokéDollars and an odd-looking fruit.

"I was going to feed that to Squirtle, but he doesn't need it now." Lisa states accusingly. "Just feed it to your Nidoran, and he'll feel a lot better. I'm out of here!" She bustles off, turning the corner ahead. Spencer and Napoleon look at each other, before her voice cuts into them once more. "And don't think you've seen the last of me! Consider us rivals from now on!"

Seems like she's definately gone now, leaving Spencer and Napoleon behind. The Nidoran seems happy at his victory, as well as a bit tired from it.

So what will Spncer do now?
DaveTheFishGuy
DaveTheFishGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDarkFiddler Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:30 pm

"Wait!" Spencer shouts after Lisa as she turns to leave. "Are you sure your Squirtle is... okay..." He trails off at the end of his question, realizing that she's already long gone. "Oh, looks like she's gone already." At this, Spencer walks over to Napoleon and bends down to scratch behind his ears. "Good job, Napoleon! You did great for your first battle!" Napoleon growled happily at the praise and the ear scratching.

"I have to say, it was pretty lucky that your ability activated... if it weren't for that, maybe you wouldn't have won... nah, who am I kidding? You did so great that you would have won even without that." Spencer looked at the fruit Lisa had given him for winning. "You look a bit tired, Napoleon... wanna try this berry she gave us?" Napoleon nodded, and Spencer held it out... before quickly pulling it back and taking a tiny bite out of it. "Sorry, Napoleon, gotta make sure it's alri...ooh, sour!" With a smile on his face and a party in his mouth, Spencer reaches down and gives the rest of the berry to Napoleon, who eats it happily.

"But... a rival... huh, I guess we're on the way, aren't we? Everybody knows you aren't a real trainer until you've got one of those. Just wish I got one that wasn't such a sore loser, you know?" Spencer laughs before looking down to see that Napoleon had finished the berry. "Alright, you ready to go on, Napoleon?" With a nod from Napoleon, Spencer started off down the road toward Viridian City again, pocketing his 300 PokéDollars.
TheDarkFiddler
TheDarkFiddler

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveTheFishGuy Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:13 am

With Napoleon fresh and restored, the two adventurers continue down the route, observing various antics of wild Pokémon. A few Butterfree visit nearby flowers, before a rival swarm of Beedrill chase them away, a few engaging in an interesting aerial battle. As the two walk on, they see Viridian City in the distance, still quite a ways off.

With the sun shining down, it seems like no time at all has passed as the two make their way closer, the buildings seemingly larger as they do. Pausing for a break, Spencer leans against a tree, while Napoleon sits back on his haunches for a rest. But this proves to be a bad idea.

Some alarm calls sound from the woods behind them, and as Spencer turns round to look, he suddenly gets a facefull of feathers, as a mob of Pidgey fly at him, driving him away from their home area. The trainer and his Nidoran back off, and the flock return. Except for one.

A lone Pidgey remains, staring angrily at the two, not satisfied with driving them off a few feet, but rather that they'd go for good. Napoleon senses the obvious hostility, and steps forward to defend his trainer, which just seems to inflame the bird's rage.

With his first wild encounter on his hands, what will Spencer do?
DaveTheFishGuy
DaveTheFishGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDarkFiddler Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:48 pm

"Oh, another battle so soon? I guess it was a good thing I gave you that berry, huh?" Spencer pulls out his 'dex and holds it up to scan the Pidgey standing in front of him.

"Pidgey, the Tiny Bird Pokémon. A common sight in forests and woods. It flaps its wings and ground level to kick up blinding sand."

"Hmm... well, Napoleon, are you ready for another battle so soon?" Spencer looks down towards Napoleon, a bit surprised that he's already stepped up to defend him. "Alright, Napoleon... if you're ready, then so am I! Let's start off with that already classic combo, Leer and Peck!" Spencer smiles, already a bit confident. If that combo worked on a trainer and her Pokémon, then surely it could work on a wild one! Napoleon nods, and strikes a readied pose.
TheDarkFiddler
TheDarkFiddler

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveTheFishGuy Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:23 am

Faced with his first wild Pokémon, Spencer seems a bit apprehensive, before ordering his faithful Nidoran on the assault. Pidgey would grin, if birds had teeth, that is, and takes her chance against the Poison-type, flying in to attack.

However, her attempt at a Tackle is soon cut short, a vicious Leer from the Poison Pin Pokémon stopping the bird in her tracks. At least, until a powerful Peck stabs against the Pidgey's chest, sending her reeling back. Looking even angrier now, the Flying-type dives in, landing her Tackle this time, knocking Napoleon back, while leaving the two in close quarters.

Pidgey used more energy in that exchange, Napoleon taking a bit more damage, but both seem fine, and ready to go.

Taking to the air once more, Pidgey flaps upward, before starting to dive in for another Tackle. What will Spencer order in reply?
DaveTheFishGuy
DaveTheFishGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDarkFiddler Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:33 am

"You alright, Napoleon?" Napoleon nods, keeping his battle-ready stance, and Spencer sighs in relief. "Alright, Napoleon, maybe be a bit more defensive this time... stand back, and wait for it to come to you. Use Peck when it gets in range, alright? And then follow that up with another Peck!"
TheDarkFiddler
TheDarkFiddler

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveTheFishGuy Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:19 pm

As the two Pokémon charge at each other, Spencer can't help but feel a light bit of dejá vue. Tackle meets Peck, and just like Napoleon's battle with Squirtle, the Nidoran suffers more knockback while dealing more damage. Shaking herself off, Pidgey finds another Peck hitting her, causing her to chirp in pain, before slamming into Napoleon with another Tackle, leaving the two close in once more.

Pidgey took more damage that round, as well as using more energy, leaving panting slightly. Napoleon's looking fine in comparison.

Looking somewhat anxious, Pidgey holds back, watching for what Napoleon will do next.
DaveTheFishGuy
DaveTheFishGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDarkFiddler Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:30 pm

"Alright Napoleon, don't wait for it to move this time, go after it right away with a Peck attack, and then follow up with a Bite attack!" Spencer makes sure to take extra effort observing the Pidgey's condition, both before and after the attack. He draws an empty Poké Ball from his belt, contemplating whether to throw it yet.
TheDarkFiddler
TheDarkFiddler

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveTheFishGuy Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:04 pm

Napoleon charges in for another Peck attack, while Pidgey rockets in for another Tackle, deciding to cut her losses and go all-out. The same thing happens as before, the Nidoran getting knocked back a fair bit, though Pidgey looks battered. She chirps in pain once more as the Poison-type lands a Bite on her wing, and it doesn't even look like she can muster up another attack.

Napoleon took less damage there, looking fine. Pidgey, on the other hand, is looking knackered, doesn't look like she'll be able to go on much longer.

With Spencer holding a PokéBall, Pidgey seems to get some energy to start flying at Napoleon, not backing down as she goes for another Tackle. But what will Spencer do now?
DaveTheFishGuy
DaveTheFishGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDarkFiddler Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:16 pm

"Alright, Napoleon, let's end this now before the Pidgey gets hurt any more... wait for it to get close, then dodge its attack!" Spencer grasps the Poké Ball in his hand... it's now or never, with the Pidgey as worn out as she is. He gets ready to throw it right after Napoleon dodges her attack, when it should be open. Napoleon braces himself, ready to dodge.
TheDarkFiddler
TheDarkFiddler

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveTheFishGuy Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:45 am

As Pidgey lunges in once more, Napoleon deftly manages to sidestep the Tackle, causing the knackered bird to hit the dirt, barely able to breathe.

As she struggles to feet, the Flying-type chirps as she gets hit once more, but not by her opponent. Spencer's PokéBall hits its mark, and the bird is quickly converted to red energy, being sucked inside the device. Both Spencer and Napoleon watch with baited breath as the ball wobbles...

Wobbles...

Wobbles...

DING!

Spencer has captured a Level 4 Female Pidgey! She knows the moves: Tackle!

Excited at their first capture, Spencer cheers, while Napoleon seems to concentrate, pumping himself up with delight.

Level Up for Napoleon!

Napoleon has learned Focus Energy!

Picking up his newest Pokémon's new home, Spencer and Napoleon smile at each other, before noticing the fading light. Looks like they've been out here longer than they thought, they day won't last much longer. Fortunately, the lights and shapes of Viridian City's buildings are just around the corner, and the two head toward them, having made it through their first obstacle.

[Advance to Viridian City]
DaveTheFishGuy
DaveTheFishGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum