Pokémon Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A fiery arrival in Pallet Town!

3 posters

Go down

A fiery arrival in Pallet Town! Empty A fiery arrival in Pallet Town!

Post by Martz Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:03 pm

After a week of traveling, Martz finally saw the small town of Pallet Town. It was morning, dew still on the grass. Wild Pidgey could be seen flying around in tree and Ratata scurrying through the tall grass. He came up to the sign reading "Pallet Town" with trainer names scribbled all over it. He looked town to the bottom of the post that it was on and bent over reaching through the tall grass around it. He finally felt something circular and metallic, picking it up and looking at it. It was a flattened penny with "Kanto" spell on the front. He turned it over and it had his father's initials "MRB" inscribed on the back.
"I can't believe this" He thought to himself. "He used to tell me he scattered these through out the world but I didn't think they were still here."
He took a small metal tin out of his backpack that his father had given him before his journey and put the flattened penny in it and back into his backpack. There he continued his journey to Professor Oak's lab.

It took him a while to navigate his way around town, asking townspeople for directions. Some of the annoyed were annoyed that I couldn't follow the signs, while others were just happy to help a new trainer. He finally made it to the gate at the bottom of a long flight of stairs leading up the place and made his way up, knocking on the door as he reached the top.

(OOC: anything I need to fix here, let me know. New to role playing but have always had an interest in it.)
Martz
Martz

Back to top Go down

A fiery arrival in Pallet Town! Empty Re: A fiery arrival in Pallet Town!

Post by Joshua Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:51 pm

After receiving directions from the friendlier residents of Pallet Town, Martz finds himself in front of Professor Oak's lab. Entering slowly, he looks around to find the Professor with his nose buried in a rather large tome.

Clearing his throat to attract the Professor's attention, Martz is able to jolt the Professor out of his stupor. "Oh, I'm terribly sorry," the older man says, rising to his feet. "You must be one of the new trainers I'm expecting. I'm Professor Oak, and welcome to my lab!"

He leads Martz towards a large table, with ten PokéBalls spread out on its surface. Martz is stunned at the sight of them, before noticing name cards under each of the PokéBalls. "You may choose one of these Pokémon for your very first," the Professor says. Martz reads the cards to see the choices are:

Charmander
Squirtle
Bulbasaur
Pikachu
Pidgey
Meowth
Machop
Abra
Geodude
Nidoran (Male or Female)

What will Martz do?
Joshua
Joshua

Back to top Go down

Post by Martz Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:10 pm

Martz looked at the table. Being from Cinnabar Island and having a Cyndaquil growing up, the obvious choice here had to be a Charmander. Training fire Pokémon was in his blood. Plus the potential of it being a staple of his team later was crucial if he wanted to become a good trainer in general.

"Professor, I would to choose Charmander if that is ok with you."

Martz
Martz

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveTheFishGuy Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:10 pm

Heya Martz. As you may or may not of heard, I've recently been installed as a co-Updator for Kanto, and I'll be helping out by taking on various new people. I can't promise perfect updates, but I'll be consistant and fast, which Is always good. Hope you have fun!

Professor Oak nods, cracking a smile at Martz' decisive and quick choice. "A Charmander? Haven't given any of those out for a while. Are you sure?"

Seeing the trainer-to-be nod, the scientist's grin widens, and he scoops up one of the PokéBalls on his desk, placing it in the young man's hand. "A good choice, my lad. Powerful, headstrong, and loyal. Good qualities in a trainer's first Pokémon. Although, that's not all I have for you."

A few minutes later, and Martz has also come into possession of 5 empty PokéBalls, 5 Oran Berries, a Town Map, 2000 PokéDollars, and a rare and unique item, a PokéDex designed by the good Professor himself.

"These should come in very useful for you, all basic items for the average Pokémon Trainer. The PokéDex being an exception, not all have those. Be sure to use it to gain extra information on Pokémon you happen to come across." he nods, while Martz does so as well, understanding at the fast pace Oak was dispensing advice.

"And I think that's everything. Good luck on your adventure, my boy, do take care. And look after that Charmander, and it will look after you in return." With that, Professor Oak turns back to his book, attempting to locate his bookmark as Martz makes his way from the lab.

[Advance to Route 1]
DaveTheFishGuy
DaveTheFishGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down