Pokémon Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

State of the Revo

+7
Naruto Ninja44
DTG6407
Firewater
Yougirasu
Salamencia
Copygoo
Gary
11 posters

Go down

Where do you currently stand with Revo?

State of the Revo Vote_lcap7%State of the Revo Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]
State of the Revo Vote_lcap36%State of the Revo Vote_rcap 36% 
[ 5 ]
State of the Revo Vote_lcap14%State of the Revo Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 2 ]
State of the Revo Vote_lcap43%State of the Revo Vote_rcap 43% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 14

State of the Revo Empty State of the Revo

Post by Gary Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:34 pm

First of all, let me begin by apologizing for my sudden absence over the past two months. I won't state any excuses, just facts. When I first created Revo, it was under the pretense that I wouldn't be doing all the work. While I did have quite a few helpers, and damn good ones at that, I felt that as time went on, I ended up shouldering the majority of the load, if not nearly all of it. A few people who I had put trust in to help out did not and eventually left without giving me any notice, and I was overwhelmed with the work load. One thing led to another, and you all witnessed the outcome firsthand. I'm not trying t put the blame anywhere, as I understand all too well that people's lives can become very busy at any given time.

During this off time, I have been approached by a number of you guys, asking me to come back. I'm really quite touched that Revo has held such a high regard to some of you, and I really do hate to see such a fun and loved RPG die off so quickly. Because of this, I have decided to come back here and I hope we can all pick up where we left off.

However, I come back under the same pretenses that I created Revo with. I still do not wish to shoulder all of the work on my own. As of right now in my personal life, I have gotten a new job since last time and I have exams coming up, as many of you might have, so my life is a little bit busier than before. With that in mind, I will be making a few changes in order to make life easier for myself as well as everyone here on Revo. Because I cannot keep this site as great as it is on my own, I require the help of everyone here to keep it active, just as it was before. On top of that, I will be looking to hire more updators than before to assure that the same problems that we had last time do not happen again. I will also be making a few tweaks to how each region is ran in order to maintain equal fairness and equal progress for members of different regions. It will take time to get everything caught up, and unfortunately not everything will be resumed, the Halloween event in particular. With the event's closure comes the opening of a brand new zone however, and I hope that you will all find the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon zone equally enjoyable.

With that, I turn it over to all of you. I would like your input, as long as it's constructive, and most importantly, I would like to take a survey of who is willing to update and where they might have a preference. So if you could please give me an answer, I would much appreciate it. Thanks!

-Gary
Gary
Gary
Admin

http://pokerevo.dieuxdufoot.com

Back to top Go down

State of the Revo Empty Re: State of the Revo

Post by Copygoo Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:37 pm

I'd mod Johto or PMD if you need, whatever and whenever.
Copygoo
Copygoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Salamencia Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:13 pm

I'll mod wherever, preferably Kanto/Johto though.

Question: Will we be keeping our current progress, or have to start our Revo journeys again?
Salamencia
Salamencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Yougirasu Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:15 pm

Well, I'd be comfortable slotting in anywhere (except for maybe Johto since I'm adventuring there and it'd be a bit more difficult), but I'm a fan of the Hoenn Region above all others.

It should be noted though, that although I am on and occasionally post around, I'm trying to avoid getting into overwhelming Pokémon related obsessions since I'm currently unemployed, getting fairly broke and disheartened by my situation. So I've been putting most of my energy into looking for jobs, keeping the house fairly tidy and making sure I'm reasonably happy. So until I'm employed, I won't be churning out replies or anything like that daily, probably closer to once a week if I feel like it.

(I currently haven't even felt like trawling through a move list for the Pokémon I'm using in ASB at the minute, causing a few moans regardless of the fact that I've said I'll be posting this week. But I think I just need a job to keep me busy and get me some cash... Now, if only I knew of a job like that that I could do.)
Yougirasu
Yougirasu

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:15 pm

I would hate for everyone to have to start over and lose their prized Pokémon, so we will be keeping our current progress.
Gary
Gary
Admin

http://pokerevo.dieuxdufoot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Firewater Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:28 pm

that works for me- I'll also try to get back into updating/working more than I was- school ends for me in a couple of weeks for the semester, so that will help my activity
Firewater
Firewater
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DTG6407 Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:18 pm

I'm overjoyed to hear that we will be resurrecting Revo ^^. I still have interest in updating for Sinnoh and I'll try to stay as active as I was before. I apologize in advance for any shortcomings.

Welcome back, Gary. Cheers!
DTG6407
DTG6407

Back to top Go down

Post by Naruto Ninja44 Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:13 pm

I approve of this. You have made the right decision, Gary. State of the Revo Thumbs
Naruto Ninja44
Naruto Ninja44

Back to top Go down

Post by Lonely Cubone Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:10 pm

I'll be around and be posting, I don't have the time to commit to updating for now unfortunately.
Lonely Cubone
Lonely Cubone

Back to top Go down

Post by Concept Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:43 pm

As with Lonely Cubone - with my degree swallowing so much time, I'd be around for a month or so over the holidays then be really slow at updating for two or three months if I were updating.
Concept
Concept

Back to top Go down

Post by Poke_Hunter Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:40 pm

You have my support wherever you need it. I'm gonna have a LOT of time to kill week after the coming one. These adventures must continue - Revo is my first RP experience, unless the PASBL counts.
Poke_Hunter
Poke_Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Kindrindra Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:31 pm

Yo.

I'm happy. This shall be awesome. I have intrest in updating, but I don't know what region to update for. If I'm not immediatly needed, I could always hold off until B&W come out- That way we'll have an updator for Unova right away.

Also- YAY PMD SECTION!!!
Kindrindra
Kindrindra

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum