Pokémon Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Updator Applications

+5
Salamencia
DTG6407
Copygoo
DaveTheFishGuy
Gary
9 posters

Go down

Updator Applications Empty Updator Applications

Post by Gary Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:36 pm

Well folks, as you may or may not have noticed lately, activity has been down all across Revo, and while it can be attributed to various things, I have been receiving interest from multiple people who are interested in updating. So if you are one of those who would like to help pitch in, please fill out the following form, and then I will come up with some kind of test to send out.

Experience: Have you updated or reffed anywhere before? If so, where and for how long.
Preferred Region to Update: You can even rank the four regions if you wish to do so.
Examples: Either link to or give a quick paragraph of what you think is your average kind of roleplaying post. I'm not looking for your finest piece of writing, but more like trying to get the general feel of your writing style.
Your Schedule: How active are you? How much free time do you have IRL? I don't really want to hire someone who will be busy writing term papers 5 days of the week, if you catch my drift.

I think this should be good for now, and once some of you start signing up, I'll send out a test. The support is greatly appreciated as it's the great active members of a forum that keeps it alive. Also, as a side note, it's not required, but adding me to your AIM or MSN messenger might help your odds. I like to be able to talk to my co-workers on a quick and easy basis.
Gary
Gary
Admin

http://pokerevo.dieuxdufoot.com

Back to top Go down

Updator Applications Empty Re: Updator Applications

Post by DaveTheFishGuy Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:47 pm

Sure, why not?

Experience: Never updated, but have been a (fairly prolific) ref on PASBL for the last 4 months, with a LOT of matches under my belt.
Preferred Region to Update: Sinnoh - 1 (most), Kanto - 2. Not gonna touch Johto and Hoenn for obvious reasons.
Examples: Ehhh... I'd say that this thread in my Sinnoh adventure is where I got into the swing of RPing. Updates would be fairly fleshed out.
Your Schedule: Very active, I'm usually on 7 days a week for reffings, and would willingly put updates into those slots. Work's usually ok, so shouldn't be a bother.

And I don't have you msn so if you could PM me it it'd be appreciated :]
DaveTheFishGuy
DaveTheFishGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by Copygoo Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:17 pm

Well, okay.

Experience: Nope, haven't updated anywhere, but I'm a B-grade Ref on UPN for the ASB and have been reffing for a few months now. I'm also, like Handy down there, an RPGer on SPPF, and have been doing that for a few years.
Preferred Region to Update: In order of decreasing want-to-do-ness, Johto = Hoenn > PMD > Sinnoh > Kanto
Examples: This is probably a good thread. This one is an RPG post on SPPF.
Your Schedule: Very, very active. I'm on 7 days a week, and always have at least ~2 hours of time to do things. School isn't a problem.

I know you have my MSN, correct?

EDIT: I've made a change to the region section.

Last edited by Copygoo on Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:55 pm; edited 3 times in total
Copygoo
Copygoo

Back to top Go down

Post by DTG6407 Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:48 pm

Dave will most likely end up getting the spot, but oh well lol. Doesn't hurt to apply.

Experience: Never updated, since I've never been in this type of RPG before, but I have been reffing on ASB for a bit now. About to get my grade when Jeri responds back.
Preferred Region to Update: The ones that are more or less left out, if you catch my drift (Kanto and Sinnoh notably). I'll update anywhere I'm needed though, doesn't matter to me really.
Examples: Here is my ref test application from ASB. Also, the start of my Kanto adventure could serve as a good example too. Here.
Your Schedule: Anytime. I have High School, and very little homework. So anytime after school, and pretty much all weekend. Ya, I kinda have no life. I may occasionally decide to have a life, but at the most only for a day or so.

::EDIT:: Forgot to mention, I'll add you on MSN right now if you want. I'll be Drunken_Vader8276@hotmail.com.

Last edited by DTG6407 on Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
DTG6407
DTG6407

Back to top Go down

Post by Salamencia Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:48 am

Yeah, why not? I've got the time now.

Experience: I haven't updated RPGs as of yet, but I've reffed for the UPN PASBL for quite a while now, and am thoroughly enjoying it. EDIT: It also might be worthwhile to mention that I used to be a frequent RPer, but as work got more important I decided to stop. But with my workload reducing, I've returned to frequent RPing once more. I am a member of FB, although still in the early stages due to me or my updator being absent/slow for whatever reason.
Preferred Region to Update: With 1 being the most wanted: Kanto (1), Johto (2, should it be necessary), Sinnoh (3, because it's my current region), Hoenn (4). I will update whichever region is needed though.
Examples: This thread has some of my better RP posts, and it's definitely when I got back into the swing of RPing, despite it having only 2 or 3 posts in it. My most recent FB post is here, if you want to see something longer.
Your Schedule: I'm usually online 7 days a week, and have a lot of free time on my hands, so I should be able to update people frequently.

As for MSN, if you could PM yours to me, as I haven't added it, I'd appreciate it.

Last edited by Salamencia on Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:41 pm; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : Updating with some more information)
Salamencia
Salamencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Handy Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:43 am

Experience: I've been a fizzy bubbles updator for around a year now. Similarily, I've been a PASBL ref for a good deal of time (A good part of a year) and in the past have led a few Seal winning RPs on Serebii, and ages back I updated a few successful Rps in the Spore Forum.
Preferred Region to Update: Sinnoh (1), Hoenn (2), Kanto (3), Johto (4), though I'm happy to go anywhere.
Examples: The First Post as an Updator, The general topic, go from where my first post is downwards, My most recent post in a Serebii Roleplay, that should do.
Your Schedule: Generally, it's quite a clear schedule. Procrastination is something I'll admit to. Homework is not usually as heavy as it has been in the last few days, and I've generally kept up with my reffings within a day or so, so I should easily be able to keep up with updates here.

Got ya MSN.
Handy
Handy

Back to top Go down

Post by Poke_Hunter Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:21 am

Experience: I have been a PASBL ref (C-) for a good while, though I haven't had that many matches. Mainly because I'm too lazy to pick them up or Dave.
Preferred Region to Update: Seeing as no-one cares for Hoenn, I'd update there, though a Sinnoh spot would be real nice.
Examples: Well, I haven't had much experience as a roleplayer, having had only two posts (and lack of updater), but I could give you a couple of reffings. This is one of my better ones, as is This.
Your Schedule: I'm here most non-Wednesdays unless I get an overload of homework. Every other weekend is a bit hard too.

EDIT: Might as well mention I have no MSN. I don't really care for it.
Poke_Hunter
Poke_Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by tbh1313 Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:39 pm

Um. Couldn't find the delete button.

Last edited by tbh1313 on Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:58 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : damn grammatical errors.)
tbh1313
tbh1313

Back to top Go down

Post by Martz Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:30 pm

Experience:
Honestly, I have no experience as an updater for roleplaying or a ref for PABSL but I do battle on PABSL quite alot. I used to do some fan fics for Pokémon and DBZ and also created my own universe for a book I was writing for a senior project in High School. I also took a Creative Writing class in college.

Preferred Region to Update:
Kanto or Johto preferably just because I know the region a lot better. I can do my research for Hoenn or Sinnoh if you need it though. Just interested in helping then new community here.

Examples:
I honestly don't have any short examples on my computer. I do have a few stories I wrote in my own universe if you want to read them.

This is my first post on here if you want to read that though

Your Schedule:
I do work full time but I could update possibly more than once a day depending on how active the trainer is. Weekends I am always free.

So all nights + weekends = free.

any questions, just add me on MSN.
Martz
Martz

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:53 pm

I am looking to hire a number of updators for all regions, including the new Mystery Dungeon zone. If you are interested in applying, please state so below. If you've already filled out an updator test for me, you are not required to do so again, but you are welcome to take it again if you feel like your writing skills have improved since last time.

Also, please state your preference on which zone you would like to update.
Gary
Gary
Admin

http://pokerevo.dieuxdufoot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tbh1313 Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:58 pm

Copy, paste. Hell yeah.

Experience: I've never updated, but I'm a B+ Ref over at the PASBL.
Preferred Region to Update: Johto or Hoenn, but I don't mind anywhere else.
Examples: Hmm. I guess this one would work best for RPing purposes, but I'll go ahead and toss you a match I'm reffing at the PASBL too.
Your Schedule: I'm very active, and while I might not have the motivation all the time, I will almost always be able to update every other day.
tbh1313
tbh1313

Back to top Go down

Post by Copygoo Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:58 pm

Just reposting the app with updates.

Experience: Nope, haven't updated anywhere, but I'm a B-grade Ref on UPN for the ASB and have been reffing for a few months now. I'm also, like Handy down there, an RPGer on SPPF, and have been doing that for a few years.
Preferred Region to Update: Johto > Hoenn = PMD > Sinnoh > Kanto.
Examples: This is probably a good thread. This one is an RPG post on SPPF.
Your Schedule: Very, very active. I'm on 7 days a week, and always have at least ~2 hours of time to do things. School isn't a problem.
Copygoo
Copygoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Salamencia Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:24 pm

Totally forgot to post here. Rather idiotic of me, but here it is. Finally some talent applies.

Experience: I haven't updated RPGs as of yet, but I've reffed for the UPN PASBL for quite a while now, and am thoroughly enjoying it. I frequently RP and write in my spare time, so I have quite a bit of
Preferred Region to Update: With 1 being the most wanted: Kanto (1), Johto (2), Sinnoh (3, because it's my current region), Hoenn (4). I will update whichever region is needed though.
Examples: This thread has some of my better RP posts, and it's definitely when I got back into the swing of RPing, despite it having only 2 or 3 posts in it. My most recent FB post is here, if you want to see something longer.
Your Schedule: I'm usually online 7 days a week, and have a lot of free time on my hands, so I should be able to update people frequently.

Pretty much the same app as before, with a couple of minor changes.
Salamencia
Salamencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum